Phoca Font and EOT files

Phoca Font - rendering external fonts in Joomla! CMS
ritmanis
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Phoca Font and EOT files

Post by ritmanis »

Hello! First of all, thanks for the plugin, works beautiful!
There is a problem though, when I use your font Domestic Manners, it works both in FF and IE, but when I try to install my own font, that is Helvetica Neue Condensed, it works only on FF. I know I need to add .EOT file, and that's exactly what I do, maybe I am using a bad convertor? How do you convert ttf to eot? What tool do you use for the job?
Maybe someone could help creating the zip installation pack with EOT for me?
Because Domestic Manners worked well on both browsers, but Helvetica, even with the EOT file won't work with IE.
Here is the link to .ttf font: http://www.filehosting.org/file/details ... Com-Cn.zip

Thanks in advance!
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Phoca Font and EOT files

Post by Jan »

Hi,
How do you convert ttf to eot?
I didn't convert the ttf to eot - the eot were created yet, so in fact no experiences with such converting :-( :-(

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
ritmanis
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by ritmanis »

Hello again! Thanks for the response, IE font worked after I tried a different convertor, the question is, would you be able to add compatability for Chrome (.woff) and _ _/_ _ (.svg), I just want for my website to look the same on all browsers, so could you add .woff support just like there is .eot support?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, the crome works with ttf or otf
ritmanis
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by ritmanis »

Actually it doesn't, it shows the font all messed up :/
If you learn a thing or two about font-face, you know that .woff works with Google Chrome, I would modify the code myself so woff is accepted, but I am afraid to mess up the code since you made it and you are a professional and know what is what.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, but I don't understand why to use woff, if chrome renders the standard ttf and otf and renders the fonts from Google Directory.

:-) Anyway - do you see somewhere on this site, I am a professional? I don't see any such information :-) :-) In fact there is an opposite information in more pages on Phoca site, see e.g.: https://www.phoca.cz/phoca-needs-your-help/

Anyway2 - Including woff support added into the feature request list.

Jan