API Key Error Message

Phoca Maps - displaying maps in Joomla! CMS
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: API Key Error Message

Post by Jan »

Hi, check the validity of the key, check if it was created for the site exactly...
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

check if the code is directly for the domain, check the html code, if the code is correct in html code so e.g. no other string is rendered there.

Jan
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, did you check the html code? E.g. try to copy the html of the maps and try to run it in self html file (for testing only)

I am testing it on my localhost servers and on web server:
https://www.phoca.cz/demo/phoca-maps-demo-component

and there is no problem as the code should be default for Google Maps.
:idea:
captain_carrot
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by captain_carrot »

Hello,

I also have this issue, but only for the 'coordinates' button.

I believe my API key is entered correctly, because when I enter manual co-ordinate numbers in the map editor, then go and preview the map in the front end, it comes up and moves around with my edited coordinates. (I also tried deleting the API key, and the frontend map view threw up an error, as I expect it is supposed to).

It is only when I click on the 'Coordinates' button in the map editing feature in the back end that the API error screen pops up.

One thing that I am not sure of: what is the second text entry box for in the Component Parameters area (where we go to enter the API key)? There is one text entry box for the API key, then there is a second one (with virtual square brackets around it) just below the API key entry box. What are we supposed to put in there? I tried pasting a copy of the API key in, it didn't seem to help...

any help appreciated!
thx,
cc
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, the [] displays global settings. If it is empty the global settings KEY is empty and you cannot see the map in administration. In administration the parameters are taken from global settings. Go to Phoca Maps - Control Panel, click on Parameters and set the API Key here:

https://www.phoca.cz/documents/16-joomla ... -in-joomla

Jan
captain_carrot
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by captain_carrot »

Aha! That was it! I thought there must be a global parameter setting for that key, I just could not find it for the life of me!

For others who may be seeking it, the global parameters are not actually located in the components menu, but instead are located in the top-right corner of the component's control panel.

i.e: Go to Components -> Phoca Maps -> Control Panel, then look in the top-right corner.

Thanks so much, Jan! That did the trick!

regards,
cc
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok