Problems with installation

Phoca Download - download manager
titsey-webmaster
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by titsey-webmaster »

I am having terrible problems with the insatallation of Phoca Download.

I'm running the latest version of Joomla (3.7.4) and I have installed the latest version of Phoca Download (3.1.2). Everthing seems to be OK but I cannot get my PDF files to preview. When I click on the Preview button, I get the dreaded 'URL not found' and '404 error messages' in plain text. I instaled AceSEF and now I get the '404 - Article not found' error message with the red band.

I have scoured the forums for a solution. AceSEF has created an .htaccess file for me and suggested a couple of changes in the Global Configuration but I still cannot get a preview.

Any ideas?

David

Tags:
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Problems with installation

Post by Jan »

Hi, what happens when you disable the SEF completely?

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
titsey-webmaster
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Wiith SEO set to NO, the preview links just display the home page but I think I have found a clue to the problem.

The preview URL is set to search in /phocadownloapap/ but if I change that to /phocadownload/, the document previews without a problem. the /phocadownload/ folder is where the documents are stored.

The question is therefore, should I change the default search preview folder to /phocadownload/ and, if so, how??

Regards,
David
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Hello David,
I do not know if you remember, but we had a mail discussion on this topic in October 2016:
Hi David,
go to: backend --> Components --> Phoca Download --> Options --> Uploads --> Play or Preview Copy=Yes(Frontend & Backend) or if you upload files only from Backend =Yes(Backend)
If yes (Frontend), file which is uploaded by user in fronted will be copied to phocadownloadpap folder so it can be played or previewed. If yes (Backend), then file which is added in File Add feature or in Multiple Add feature in Administration will be copied to phocadownloadpap folder too.
Sorry my fault. I do not use this function, so I did not know it.
This makes it possible to upload the file only once and automatically it is also copied to the /phocadownloadpap/ folder.
Once again, sorry for the confusion that I've made.

Kind regards,
Benno
Kind regards,
Benno
titsey-webmaster
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Hi Benno,

I did not remeber that thread or I would not have bothered you but yes, that works.

Many thanks for your patience,
David
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

You're welcome!

Kind regards,
Benno