Allowed File Types!

Phoca Download - download manager
Jupiter
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Re: Allowed File Types!

Post by Jupiter »

i tried direct link and my file was downloaded immediately! that's why i should say that problem in component (((
Jupiter
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Jupiter »

Phoca Download simple doesnt allow to download RAR!!!! HELP!!!!! I wait 60 seconds after pushing download button ant then Phoca Download supply me downloading file. BUT!!!! but when I show the place to save a file PHOCA DOWNLOAD breaks donloading and saves 0 bytes RAR-file!!! It is the BUG! PLS HELP! It is good component and I don't wont to stop its using :x :x :x :x :x :x :cry: :cry: :cry:
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

is your rar mime type right? ... try some rar file with e.g. 300 kb ...
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Jupiter
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Jupiter »

i tried 90kb rar. it is ok. big files dont work with Poca but work with direct links. in is a bug in module but not in my server! support sad that speed is very high on my account! pls help ((
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, if you want to add big files to download, you must create direct links to these files (if you say the dicrect link works without problems) ... On my test servers the download of big files works without any problems so I cannot say where is the problem :(

Jan
pcwitchdoctor
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by pcwitchdoctor »

I too am having problems with .rar and .7z files, they simply won't download. I've added the correct mime types, that didn't help. It does have somehting to do with the .rar and .7z extension though. If I rename the files to .zip, or any number of other extension, such as .exe or .dll, then the files will download perfectly.

Change them back to .rar or .7z, and they'll no longer download. Like the other poster, they files will download if you bypass Phocadownload and download the files directly. They will download with Phoca as long as they don't end in .rar or .7z.

If I unpack the rar files, and repack them as zip files, they grow considerably larger because zip is no where near as good as rar. One other thing, the files are all larger than 600mb.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

:( no idea what can be wrong :( Phoca Download only takes the file and find if the mime type is supported. If yes, then Phoca Download gives this file to browser and inform browser that the file should not be executed but it should be given to download ...

Jan
pcwitchdoctor
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by pcwitchdoctor »

Jan wrote::( no idea what can be wrong :( Phoca Download only takes the file and find if the mime type is supported. If yes, then Phoca Download gives this file to browser and inform browser that the file should not be executed but it should be given to download ...

Jan
That would suggest it has something to do with the mime type then. I, and others having this problem have had to add our own mime type as it was missing from your component.

Did you add a .rar mime type to your installation? If so, what was the mime that you added? If you haven't added the .rar mime type into the allowable files, it should be impossible for you to download .rar files from your installation, is that correct?

What mime type should we be adding to the allowable file types so that .rar and .7z files will download?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

I, and others having this problem have had to add our own mime type as it was missing from your component.
No mime types are missing in Phoca Download Component. There are only some examples in settings as default. It depends on users which mime types they will support and add into a settings...

RAR File:
Mime: {rar=application/x-rar-compressed}

See Demo:

https://www.phoca.cz/documentation/index ... -component