Possible Bug - Thumbnail Generation Paramete

phocques
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Possible Bug - Thumbnail Generation Paramete

Post by phocques »

Within the Parameters, under 'Thumbnail Creation Settings', the third setting 'Enable Thumbnail Creation' resets itself to 'No' thus disallowing no thumbails at all to be created. Even though I have set this to 'Yes' on numerous occassions and clicked 'Save', the setting opts back to 'No' of its own accord.

This is probably a setting that should be defaulted at 'Yes' and not be changeable as I couldn't ever see when a thumbnail is not needed.

Cheers...Phocques
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Possible Bug - Thumbnail Generation Paramete

Post by Jan »

This parameter is set as default to YES but Phoca Gallery creates thumbnails automatically and if there is some problem while creation (memory, gd, wrong image), in this case you need to disable the automatically thumbnail creation (in case of some problem the link to disable this option is displayed) so after you have disabled it, you can work with Phoca Gallery and do changes to solve the problem ...

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Skyshing
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Skyshing »

I am using Phoca Gallery Version 2.2.3 on Joomla 1.5.10. I experienced the same problem as phocques. I know what I am doing at the backend parameter of the Phoca Gallery and I am VERY sure that I have set to 'YES' for the 'Enable Thumbnail Creation' parameter. On several occasions, I reliazed that the 'Enable Thumbnail Creation' is set to 'NO' in its own accord, (automatically) and when this happens, the 'Thumbnail Creation Status' is in red obviously, why is this happening???

Each time the 'Thumbnail Creation Status' is in red, I go back to the backend parameter and enabled the 'Thumbnail Creation' and after using it for a while, it is doing the same thing again where it set itself to 'NO' in its own accord, basically it is re-ocurring. Is there something triggering it, any help please???
caro84g
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by caro84g »

Hi,

if a problem occurs with thumbnail creation, then the parameter sets itself to No.
Please ask your support questions in the forums and not via PM - I delete those PM's
Backup before you do any major change to your website (and test first)
Skyshing
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Skyshing »

Hi caro84g, what normally cause the problem? Please advise me things that I need to check.
caro84g
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by caro84g »

Please ask your support questions in the forums and not via PM - I delete those PM's
Skyshing
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Skyshing »

I am not using a test server, so this part is ok but what do you mean by 'backups' and what has this got do with the issue?
caro84g
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by caro84g »

Hi,

Just see the link.

The other part is my 'signature'. Which means: before you do major changes to your site it's a good idea to backup, and to test those changes on a testserver.

Regards, Carolien