Show specific categories with Phoca Gallery Plugin

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
lee_haire
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Show specific categories with Phoca Gallery Plugin

Post by lee_haire »

I want to be able to show a set of specific categories with the Phoca Gallery Plugin. For example, let's say I have categories A - Z, but I only want to show categories A, B, and C in a particular component, article, etc. Currently the plug in for the category listing seems to only allow exclusions - which means I would have to exclude categories D through Z (which isn't that practical to do in this example). Is there a way to do this or would this be considered a feature request?

Thanks a lot. Cheers.

Tags:
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Show specific categories with Phoca Gallery Plugin

Post by Jan »

Hi, yes, for now there opposite way is "catid" or categoryid" but this only works for one category:

https://github.com/PhocaCz/PhocaGallery ... n/issues/2

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
lee_haire
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by lee_haire »

Thanks Jan.
lee_haire
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by lee_haire »

Jan wrote: 04 Sep 2023, 13:39 Hi, yes, for now there opposite way is "catid" or categoryid" but this only works for one category:

https://github.com/PhocaCz/PhocaGallery ... n/issues/2

Jan
Hi Jan,

Another variation on my original request is to be able to display all subcategories within a specified parent category. This would be incredibly useful for my current website.

Cheers,
Lee
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, I don't understand? Why you cannot display all subcategories within a parent category?

Jan
lee_haire
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by lee_haire »

Apologies for the delay in my response (I hadn't seen your reply until now). What I mean is have the ability to in the Phoca Gallery plug in code to specify to show all subcategories of a parent category. Let me elaborate a little by illustrating with my specific example.

My top categories are colours. I created a module on the main page where the idea is to show a series of tiles for each colour (example below is only 1 colour - black). When you click on the colour it does shows all the subcategories, but as menu items. Instead, I want the flexibility to show these subcategories also as tiles (i.e. the subcategory with a specific image). I believe the only way to conceivably do that would be use the phoca gallery plug in code where I can specify - show all subcategories of parent category "black" and use the associated image for that subcategory.

My current module to show the colour grid

This is the colour grid on main page

This is how the subcategories are showing as default (as menu items). Instead, I want to show them as tiles (i.e. categories showing associated image).
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, in component, you have two areas where you can display subcategories:

- as link above the images
- or insidea the image grid together with images.

It depends on Phoca Gallery Options. But all this works in component, not is plugin where there are rules set by articles not by gallery.

Jan