Problem with Thumbnail creation

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
Romuba
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Problem with Thumbnail creation

Post by Romuba »

On one of my sites I'm having problems creating thumbnails.

I go to Images, then click on Multiple Add, select the folder I want to add and click Save. The creating thumbnailswindow appears and runs for a while the the little box in the top right changes and just displays a white box with Stop Thumbnail Creation link. I have left this and it stay there for hours without doing anything else. Clicking on the link doesn't help. The only way I have found to exit this it to change the URL to get back to the Admin screen. As soon as I go to Phoca Images again this same window immediately appears. If I look at the new gallery on the front end it is there but only some of the thumbnails have been created.

What is wrong and how can I fix this please?

Tags:
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Problem with Thumbnail creation

Post by Jan »

Hi, if you enable displaying of PHP errors, you will mabe see some error in this screen which prevents from running the thumbnail process on.

https://www.phoca.cz/documents/16-jooml ... rs-on-site
Try to enable PHP error reporting to on, maybe there will be some error message. :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Romuba
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Romuba »

Here are the errors as listed, I don't know what they mean or how to solve them:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 16384 bytes) in /home2/kidz/public_html/administrator/components/com_phocagallery/libraries/phocagallery/image/imagemagic.php on line 358

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in /home2/kidz/public_html/libraries/vendor/joomla/registry/src/Registry.php on line 89
christine
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by christine »

Hi,

there are some parameters to check: max_execution_time / max_file_uploads / memory_limit / post_max_size / upload_max_filesize

The memory limit on your php installation, either via editing the 'php.ini' file that's being used or by setting 'ini_set("memory_limit", "...");' (example '256M' for 256 Mb)
Maybe you need to update the php ini memory_limit to 256M, but 134217728 bytes apprx. 128M should be enough.

Try to set:

Go to Images > Select Category > Recreate Thumbnails.
Kind regards
Christine
Romuba
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Romuba »

Thank you veyr much. I increased the Memory limit and problem solved.
christine
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by christine »

OK.
Kind regards
Christine