Facebook settings

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
neillsun
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Facebook settings

Post by neillsun »

So I think I have worked out which settings to use to create the Facebook app, but I can't use the 'Login - Connect with Facebook' button... Facebook keeps giving me the following error message:

Code: Select all

Can't load URL: The domain of this URL isn't included in the app's domains. To be able to load this URL, add all domains and sub-domains of your app to the App Domains field in your app settings.
I have tried both including and excluding https:// in the Facebook app settings, but nothing seems to work.

Has anyone successfully set this up, and if so, how?

Thanks.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Facebook settings

Post by Jan »

Hi, see similar posts in this forum. New API must be written to connect with Facebook (unfortunatelly, FB changes the API often :-( ) It is in feature request list and I hope I will take a look at it soon.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
neillsun
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by neillsun »

At the risk of sounding like I am nagging - is there an estimated timeline for this?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, no :-(, unfortunatelly there are priority tasks which need to be done first (and they can shift it). Secondly this is really large modification because it must be completely new rewritten :-( The problem with external services is always the same, the conditions change a lot and often :-(

Jan
sonnenlanze
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by sonnenlanze »

Any News? I get the error message:
Invalid Scopes: publish_actions. This message is only shown to developers. Users of your app will ignore these permissions if present. Please read the documentation for valid permissions at: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/fa ... ermissions
No Facebook Albums from a fanpage possible atm. If you cannot re-write it you should omnit the feature - a feature that should be there and doesn't work makes for more unhappy users than a not-existing feature :(
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, yes, I understand but I was still not able to find time to release next version (with this working feature or without it) because first I need to write the primary function in all extensions so they work in latest Joomla! (as written, unfortunatelly, everything changes - all the external libraries and even Joomla! itself) ... So yes, If I will be not able to do soon, I will first remove this feature and when I will find time to finish it, I will return it back.

Jan