Looking for news mail / download options

Phoca Email (Newsletter) - sending emails and managing newsletters in Joomla! CMS
scantalk
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Looking for news mail / download options

Post by scantalk »

Hi I really need the option send "news" mail on new software update on server, with patch info to our customers in our download section.
is there a way I can do it with a combo of (Phoca Email + Phuca Download) ?

I like it to work like, submit to a "download category" or a single software in that category,
so you can sign up for multi interest of updates. is that in some way possible with Phuca ?.

I work for a software company, and we need to give the user/users ASAP news when we have made a patch/fix I our software.

if this is not possible, are some willing to make it?
No worry I will pay you for you time.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Looking for news mail / download options

Post by Jan »

Hi, for now, there is option to send a file to selected group when file is uploaded or downloaded. So this can be customized, e.g. with some specific groups or changing the email output :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
scantalk
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by scantalk »

don't know if this make more sense for you.

I need a customer to have the option for signup for news update from a download category / or single product or more in another category.
it have to be auto generated to the subscribers.

here is a picture with the model

Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, I understand but I didn't such customization yet, so cannot give any clue advice.

You can somehow align it with rights used in Joomla! - so e.g. if user has rights to see the category (access rights for categories or files) he/she has rights to get news. So the email sending feature needs to be somehow customized to work like newsletter :idea:
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project