Connecting phoca and virtuemart???

Before you ask about IDnR Addon see the VirtueMart - Invoice, Delivery Note and Receipt Addon
padztar
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Connecting phoca and virtuemart???

Post by padztar »

Hi,
I have been trying desperately to connect Phoca Gallery to Virtuemart so that I can use the two extensions to sell Images on a Gallery site that I am developing and simply cannot work out how to do it.

I have set up the Phoca Gallery with some test images and have attempted to Display the Virtuemart link in the component parameters, but the link just doesnt show. There is no icon and I cant work out why it isnt showing???

I have seen several other messages on this forum about linking Phoca with Virtuemart and notice that a few of those comments are very recent, so I guess there is no out and out sollution created for this kind of application yet.

Id like very much to use Phoca as the gallery tool for this site (as I love the fact that image folders can be uploaded via FTP and then linked inside the component) but I need to be able to sell the images either singularly or as image folders as that is one of the core functionalities of this site and it is what I have been asked to produce, but at the moment I simply cant work out how to do it.

The site can be seen here: http://www.charlesthornephotography.co.uk and the page that I am attempting to turn into a shop is BUY PRINTS.

Do you have any suggestions as to why the Virtuemart links might not be showing?? Any help you could give would be HUGELY appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
padz
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Connecting phoca and virtuemart???

Post by Jan »

Did you set: Display VirtueMart Link to YES in Parameters Component (in menu link to Gallery) Did you set the id of the product in Image edit ?

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
jorgeabreu
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by jorgeabreu »

I have the same problem, and my answer is YES for your 2 questions.
I don't know if i did something wrong or if something is missing... :x
stevie6410
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by stevie6410 »

Hi,

I have also done both these things & I cant get it to work. I have crated the product in the virtuemart page, I have named the product "1001" & have called the SKU "1001". So it should work. I coulndt find any other kind of identifcation on virtumart? I have changed the global settings & the menu settings to Viretumart ON.I am really stuck now. Any Ideas what I am doing wrong?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, see the list of products in your VM, the last column you can see the Id. This need to be used.

Jan
smartino
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by smartino »

I am able to get the virtuemart icon to display when I use the Component from a Menu Link in Joomla, but how can I display this link using the switch image option, or when I display just a single category and single picture on a page. See the code I put in below:

Displays imageid 42 with a categoryid of 2. I get the magnifying glass, but can I display the virtuemart icon???? See http://031363d.netsolhost.com/AquaLifeCentral/

{phocagallery view=category|categoryid=2|imageid=42|displaydescription=1|displayname=1|overlib=3|displaydetail=1}

Also, I want to display the virtuemart icon on the second tab (Aqua-Life New & Rare Fish) at this link: http://031363d.netsolhost.com/AquaLifeCentral/

Here is the phoca code for this (note my attempt to guess with the displayvirtuemart=1 option, did not work!

{phocagallery view=switchimage|basicimageid=42|switchheight=400|switchwidth=515|switchfixedsize=1|detail=1|displayname=1|displaydetail=1|displaydownload=1|float=right}

{phocagallery view=category|categoryid=2|switchheight=100|switchwidth=150|imageshadow=none| displayname=1| displaydetail=1| detail=0|displaydownload=0|float=right|limitstart=0|limitcount=25|enableswitch=1|displayvirtuemart=1}

thanks, and I have it enabled in the Parameters and some of these products are linked to the correct Virtuemart ID which can be referenced that it is working by going to the "George's Aqua-Life Showcase" menu item and selecting New & Rare Fish", you will see the virtuemart icon there.

Steve
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, the plugin does not contain a feature to display VM link :-(

Jan
smartino
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by smartino »

Thank you, I hope future releases do...thanks again for your hard work on this!
stuffdone
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by stuffdone »

Can someone bring me up to speed on this integration? Do I have to DUPLICATE every image that is in the gallery and put them in VM as a product or does VM allow me to have BUY NOW buttons added to my images in the gallery?

If each image to be sold must me separately added to VM then this is really no integration at all. Doing this is impossible with 500 or more images each week from a horse show.

I need a gallery display that provides for PayPal payment and download that does not require separate code or separate install of each of many hundreds of photos in more than one location.

Need solution to just upload batch and have BUY buttons already there for every photo in galley.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, it is php code, so it is in loop, you don't need to customize all images, just customozie the php code in loop to display the icon by every image.

Try to see other solution:
https://www.phoca.cz/documents/2-phoca-g ... ntegration
Jan