Send email from frontend?

Phoca Email (Newsletter) - sending emails and managing newsletters in Joomla! CMS
renesarli
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Send email from frontend?

Post by renesarli »

I created a button for the email component of the frontend, but the link gives error. Am I doing something wrong?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Send email from frontend?

Post by Jan »

Hi, Phoca Email does not have such feature, it is only admin component :-(

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
renesarli
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by renesarli »

Thanks.
diamondisc
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by diamondisc »

Hey Jan -

Love your software! Is there ANY way you can make a frontend version of Phoca Email? I love how it works for the backend, but I need it to do the same for registered users on the frontend. I can't find anything else that will do what I need (which is basically what Phoca Email does, except for the front end). :)

Thanks in advance,

-Doug
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, added to feature request list, but for now I cannot say when or if I will have time to look at it :-( :-(

Jan
daddyke
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by daddyke »

Hi Jan!
A year after from the last entry is there any changes in Phoca Mail?
Is there a frontend version of Phoca Mail?
I think it is so basic function, I wonder how could this be forgotten or excluded from the very beginning of this project.

thx.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, for now there are now changes - the tool - Phoca Email is from beginning a tool for administrators - to send email from admin area. I don't know if you have some experiences with developing for Joomla! but just image if you develop a backend feature for e.g. one year, you need cca 5 - 7 years to do the same in frontend - In frontend you need to solve all the security problems (I know what I write because I don't do anything else since 2007 than regurarly updating and thinking of new antispam features for Phoca Guestbook) Releasing a frontend tool which sends email is really very complicated unending work which takes so much time that it is really hard for developer who makes free extensions find it in his free time :-( :-( ) So still in feature request list and I still didn't find to think about which form to select for writing it as Joomla! changing so dramatically that for now I spend all the free time for overwriting existing extensions for newest Joomla! versions :-( :-(

Jan
jeejeestudio
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Post by jeejeestudio »

Hi Jan,

again a year further.
Maybe an idea to solve the spamming is to have acces for only a special group, so higher then registered.
So for example the board group can use the function to send email to their registered users and not to anyone else.

Would be great if you find the time to implemend it.

Thanks !
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, ok, thank you for the idea.

Jan
flexconcept
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by flexconcept »

I'm looking for a way to send out notification e-mail's in the front-end. If possible with editable tekst and of-course with the Unique Download Link.
I Come across this discussion and wonder is there a solution or a way to make this possible?

Kind regards
Evert van Vlijmen
The Netherlands.