Alternative Image on Click

Phoca Gallery plugins - plugins for Phoca Gallery extension
keepitfrozen
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Alternative Image on Click

Post by keepitfrozen »

Is there a way i could change the link in the thumb nail to a different image than the auto generated image. I realize that this is a feature and its one that i use a long but my boss wants me to have the thumbnail image open a completely different image in the light box. Now that i think about it i might could just upload the new image via ftp and name it the same thing as the large image in the same directory after i have created the thumbnails but this would probably prove time consuming.

I would appreciate any other ideas on this.

mark

Edit: Opps almost forgot to ask.

I should probably ask this in another thread but is there anyway to add a line break to the thumbnail title so that i can add a short phrase or comment about the image and if so is there any way to style the text after the break to something other than the first lines style. Like i'm using the default blue text for the thumbnail title color but would love for the second line to be something like red or really anything.

thanks,

Mark
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Alternative Image on Click

Post by Jan »

Displaying other image is not system solution, so you must do the linky manually, or you must change the thumnail (on the server) to other image

Description: you can use the editor for formatting the description,see e.g.:
https://www.phoca.cz/phocagallery/demo/i ... ery-nature

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
keepitfrozen
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by keepitfrozen »

So i can use the description editor to edit the number of rows and styling that displays underneath the thumbnail image?

Alternate Image: yes i replaced the current image and that works good for an alternative image, although maybe a field in each items properties that could point to a alternative image would be wonderful to.. Maybe something to put on the wish list. :)

thanks,

Mark
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

So i can use the description editor to edit the number of rows and styling that displays underneath the thumbnail image? No only the description in detail view (sorry for confusion). it is only in detail view possible not in category view ...

There is very difficult behaviour to set the right image (thumbnail, checking the original - if exists, database name of image, recreating thumbnail, link to download, slideshow loading of images), so this non system solution will take a lot of time to solve it... so I cannot say you, I can do it (because of time), but I can add it into a feature request list...

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project