Hosted on LAMP environment
- Linux Kernel 2.6.9-67.0.15.ELsmp
- Apache 1.3.41
- MySQL 5.0.51a-community
- PHP 5.2.6
- Joomla! 1.5.5 Production/Stable
--- Running in Legacy mode
- Phoca Download 1.0.1 beta

Currently, I can upload small files (.jpg, .txt, .doc, etc...)

But, I can't upload larger .mp3 files.

Here's what I've done:
  • I have added the {mp3=audio/mpeg} mime type to the Settings-->Allowed Files Types list
  • I have adjusted the Settings-->Maximum upload size (in bytes) in increments up to ridiculously high numbers like, 1000000000000
  • I have placed a "0" (zero) in the Settings-->Maximum upload size (in bytes) - as the tooltip said in order to NOT place a restriction on file size upload.
  • I left the above setting to "0" and went into my Site-->Global Configuration-->System-->Media Settings menu and added the .mp3 file extention.
  • Then I set the maximum file size underneath the above setting to 100000000
  • Then I set the "Restrict Upload" and "Check Mime Types" to various combinations of yes/no.
All to no avail.

I mean, I can just FTP these files into the proper directory. But, my client is less savvy and would prefer to use the Phoca Download user interface. Plus, the fact that it's not working and I can't seem to fix it is making me crazy. So, I would really like to figure out what little setting I'm too stupid to set correctly is preventing this from working.

Does anyone else have any suggestions?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Can not upload .mp3 files

Post by Jan »

Try to disable the disable the flash uploader (in settings), maybe you get some error message while uploading...

EDIT ... I have tested it on my server now... YOUR UPLOAD CAN BE LIMITED BY YOUR SERVER TOO:

SEE PHP.INI:

post_max_size
upload_max_filesize

Jan
---
https://www.phoca.cz/documentation/index ... ent/85-faq
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project