Google Photos Albums

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
lukasz
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Re: Google Photos Albums

Post by lukasz »

Yes, by newly created albums there is no ID, so I will do more researches to see, if Google Photos can be implemented similar way like Picasa
There are the IDs, but hidden from the user (not in the address bar). There is instead some other hash. Earlier I send photos by Google Photos and make "share" album by Picasa Web Albums. Each album had ID in Picasa Web Albums and all worked. This ID was not visible in the Google Photos. Previously, ID was created by album name. Some time ago, Google changed ID to fully digital (consisting of digits), but everything worked off until end of Picasa Web Albums (I can not preview the IDs now).

Will be any update for Joomla! 2.5 version of Phoca Gallery (including Google Photos support)? I have a huge problem with updating one of my sites to Joomla! 3.x. Every time upgrade fails. For this reason, it is still Joomla! 2.5, and I try to secure this installation as much as can. :-(
Last edited by lukasz on 11 Aug 2016, 22:36, edited 1 time in total.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, for now, this seems to be not real. And I cannot say what the situation will be in future.

Now you can import images from public albums on Google Photos, but there is no way to make album public in Google Photos - it was in Picasa but Picasa was closed. So you can import images from "old" albums but not from newly created. There is no such support in Google Photos.

So for now, I am searching some solution but still didn't found. Really no idea if I will find some or if Google Photos will get the feature to make the album public :idea: (seems like it is not wanted)

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
lukasz
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by lukasz »

There is new protocol version but only Release Notes now: https://developers.google.com/picasa-we ... leasenotes :-/
woodyf4u
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by woodyf4u »

Hmmm, I hope there will be an option with a new API or something soon, so we can continueb using Phoca Gallery.
woodyf4u
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by woodyf4u »

Joomla extensions like Phoca Gallery and Ozio Gallery do have the same problems ince Google has changed their photo system.
Via a Google Discussion I have found a solution for this time (it will work till Google is changing their sytem again :? )

For now, you can upload your image to Google Photos.
Put them in an album there.
Yes the album is not public at that moment.
But now you can use this tool of Sven Bluege: http://www.svenbluege.de/picasa/v1.1/#

Login nwith your Google account.
You see the latest album in the sec ond line from te top.
Click on "Make public" and that's all.

Now you can use Phoca Gallery as always.
Put your Google user account in the first field.
You can copu the album ID from the Sven Bluege tool and paste it in teh second field.
Import your Picasa images now and YES, you have a new album in Phoca Gallery. :D
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, thank you very much for the info.

Jan
Eisenbahner
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by Eisenbahner »

Hi,

I´ve got an other suggestion, but I need some help.
You could download all albums at google album archive as a zip file.
I want to upload all albums on my webspace to import them directly to phoca gallery

In the created zip file with the album name are all photos.
I´ve put almost every photo with a special discription at picasa gallery.
The discription text was also downloaded and I can see it when I press the right mouse button on the photo and then
preferences/Details/discription.

Is there a solution that phoca take this text for the discription when I import the photo?

Thanks in advance.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, it depends on which format the description has, e.g. maybe there can be some way how to customize the code to get exif description, but really no idea which format the description has. :idea:

Jan
Eisenbahner
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by Eisenbahner »

Hi Jan,

here´s a screenshot from the details, this helps maybe?
http://www.muensterlandradweg.de/screenshot.jpg

Michael
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hmmm, unfortunately, I have no experiences with this kind of description, so no idea in which format it is stored in the photo :-(

Jan