JComments support with v. 4.2.1

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
jfquestiaux
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

JComments support with v. 4.2.1

Post by jfquestiaux »

Hi Jan,

Since I upgraded to v. 4.2.1 I seemed to have lost the ability to use JComments as external commenting system.
The dropdown menu shows only "None" and "Facebook".

Am I missing something or has JComments been removed?
I wouldn't mind to use the in-built commenting system, but it seems that only registered users can comment and I don't want that. I want public access but with approval of course.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: JComments support with v. 4.2.1

Post by Jan »

Hi, yes, for now there is no such option yet. Does JComments works for Joomla! 3? If yes, new plugin needs to be created. :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
jfquestiaux
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by jfquestiaux »

Yes JComments works fine with J3, with the 3.0.5 version. How hard is it to create a plugin? Do you have a documentation on how to create it?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, thank you for the info, unfortunately, I cannot say how hard it is as I didn't do it for the newest version yet. To know how to implement JComments to the component, I think, you need to search on JComments site.

You can see the old version of JComments plugins here:
https://www.phoca.cz/download/category/1 ... -component

Anyway added to feature request list.

Jan
pmonstad
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by pmonstad »

Oh, I really miss support for jcomments. Any news to report about this?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, it is in feature request list, and I will take a look at it in next version.

Jan
pmonstad
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by pmonstad »

Not to stress you, but is there any approximate date for the next release? I'm prepared to pay $40 to get the jcomment plugin ready as soon as possible...
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

This is really something what I cannot say. For example, you are working on extensions and you think, you will release it in 14 days. Then new Joomla! will be released (and other new versions e.g. php, mysql, ...) And you discover that there are so many changes which breaks so many functions and you spent over 3 months with overwriting extensions to work with this new Joomla! version and after it you can finish the extensions you have worked on. So instead of 14 days, there are 3 months.

I for now working on Phoca Cart next version and there should not be large development but really cannot say. You download some javascript library and you find, something is not working like it should, so you need to detect it - so instead of implementing it one hour, you spent some days with searching the solution (searching web, asking questions, ...)

So, really, so many factors which can influence it and if you are working with some extensions which you didn't write, the demand on time increases a lot :-(

Jan
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, added to version 4.2.2

Jan
enricocerica
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by enricocerica »

Jan wrote:Hi, added to version 4.2.2

Jan
Hi, just installed version 4.2.2 but cannot make it work with jcomments, is there something special to install ?

Edit : Well, it seems to work with images but not with categories, I got the following message :

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE catid = 47' at line 1 SQL=SELECT userid j33_phocagallery_user_category WHERE catid = 47