Portrait shots not showing in thumnail view

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
spinfx
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Portrait shots not showing in thumnail view

Post by spinfx »

Hi Jan

Yet another question on image sizing (sorry). I DID read several posts AND the manual, but whatever I try makes no difference.

1. I have the thumbnails set at 200 x 200 px in the belief that both landscape (horiz) and portrait (vert) thumbnail shots will show. However, only the landscape shots are visible. See example - http://gigcaltest.firstbitedigital.com/ ... -modelling . How can I set the parameters so that both landscape and portrait shots will show in each category view?

2. In the Categories view, both landscape and portrait show, but landscape images fall outside the box outline. See here - http://gigcaltest.firstbitedigital.com/ ... /portfolio . How do I fix this?

3. I have tried to change the size of the pop-up slideshow/large image to 800px or more, but again, there is no change when viewing the detail shot. I have tried several of the modal options and JAX seems to be the closest to what I need. However, none of the options appears to resize the window dynamically when the image goes from landscape to portrait - which seems to be the normal behaviour in many other pop-ups. How can I make the detail image larger and prevent any cropping?

Regards, David
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Portrait shots not showing in thumnail view

Post by Jan »

Hi,
1) if you have enabled different thubmnail size, go to administration and recreate the thumbnails again. If you are not using different thumbnail size, just try to do the same - recreate thumbnails - if thumbnails will be not created, check permissions on your server - to know if you are able to write thumbnails on the server :idea:

2) hmmm, what happen when you test it with standard template?

3) Did you recreate the thumbnails after changing the size of large thumbnails?

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
spinfx
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by spinfx »

Hi Jan

I tried all those suggestions with the following results:

1. No change - a number of thumbnail images (particularly portrait) still do not show in the category view.

2. Fixed - landscape and portrait images show and all are within the size of the box in the categories view.

3. No change - large image is still not any bigger in the pop-up detailed image view.

I also tried with the default theme instead of the wallpaper theme and again there's no change.

Interestingly, I use Phoca Gallery on several sites with no problems.

Jan - I can provide Admin access if you need to check the backend for a solution.

Thanks for your help so far.

Regards, David
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi,

3) did you test it with different popup methods?

1) Are you able to see the thumbnails in administration - thumbnails of the images which are not displayed in frontend?

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project