shadowbox slideshow

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
andreapi
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

shadowbox slideshow

Post by andreapi »

Hello,

I have been using phoca gallery for some time but since joomla 3+ the slideshow never starts when I set "detail view" parameter on shadowbox (image only), I must be missing something, I read some posts where your advice to someone was to check for possible javascript conflicts but the console doesn't show any and I tried with a new site installation (with the joomla installation template) and it still doesn't start!
Another question : is it possible to stop the thumbnails in the gallery from moving to the right on mouse over?
Thank you for your time, I hope you can help me.
André
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: shadowbox slideshow

Post by Jan »

Hi, what you exactly mean with "moving to the rights on mouse over"?

In case the mouse over has set border but the image box not, the images then "jumps" - to fix it, you need to set border for both - for images boxes and for images boxes when hovering (if you don't want any borders, set "transparent" value for the color) - see the description here: https://www.phoca.cz/documents/2-phoca-g ... -menu-item

Check the shadowbox parameters in option, if the slideshow is set there.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
andreapi
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by andreapi »

Hi,
Thank you, the moving to the right issue is solved (with css because I could not find any border parameter setting in the options) but no luck with the slideshow. In fact it only starts with the highslideJS and Jak lighshow options when there is a start icon(black arrow pointing to the right), it never starts automatically with any of the other viewing options. Maybe I overviewed some parameter somewhere, as I mentioned I have been using phoca gallery for a while and this issue started with the update when I stared using joomla 3.
again than you for the time you spend helping me,
André
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, did you test the parameter:

Shadobox Slideshow Delay (0 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10) Set delay for Shadowbox slideshow (user zero for disabling slideshow, in seconds)

or directly in javascript:
Shadowbox Settings Set Shadowbox settings. Be aware of used format (commas, quotation marks, white spaces, etc.)

https://www.phoca.cz/documents/2-phoca-g ... e-joomla-3

Jan
andreapi
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by andreapi »

Hi,
Yes I have tried the slidewhow delay parameter without any success, as for the javascript window, I didn't how to use it (probably a huge lack in javascript knowledge...) but with your last message I thought of checking out the js file (com_phocagallery/assets/shadowbox/shadowbos.js) and there I found that the slideshowDelay was set to zero so I changed it for a positive numeral (from 1 to 10) and finally it works!!! So my guess is there is something in my environment that stops phocagallery coding from writing in the javascript file ? Of course I am very glad it's finally working but if you have any clue about what could cause this bug...
André
ralle
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by ralle »

Hello,

I'm facing the same problem right now. After upgrading from Joomla 2.5 to 3.3 I cant figure out how to automatically start the slideshow for shadowbox (only images) detailwindow.

Regards
Ralf
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, confirmed, there is some problem which prevents from automatically running the slideshow when set in parameters.

Please for now add this code: ,slideshowDelay:5 to the parameter: Shadowbox Settings - this works.

As default there is:

Code: Select all

overlayColor: '#000',overlayOpacity:0.5,resizeDuration:0.35,displayCounter:true,displayNav:true
So it should be:

Code: Select all

overlayColor: '#000',overlayOpacity:0.5,resizeDuration:0.35,displayCounter:true,displayNav:true,slideshowDelay:5
I will try to do another behaviour in next version, so it will work through the parameter: Shadowbox Settings

Anyway thank you for the info and for your patience. Thank you, Jan
ralle
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by ralle »

I can confirm this works very well.
Thank you!
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero