Perfomance

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
szenenight
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Perfomance

Post by szenenight »

Hello,

i develop with phoca my new site (preview gebrauchtdvds.de/sn)

frist problem:
i have a very big gallery (up to 2521 gallerys and 105705 photos) - phoca is VERY SLOW - when i go to the pictures (list count 20) it takes several times after the loads the site...(no thumbs has to generate)

is there any plan to improve that?

second problem:
in category admin view, i can`t search for sub categories
exp: Partyfotos 2014 - 03.01.2014 Adiamo
i can serach / filter for 2014 - it show`s all categories of Partyfotos 2014, when i want to search for "Adiamo" i get no result

third problem:
all of my subgalleries has different owners -
exp: Partyfotos 2014 -> owner admin
Partyfotos 2014 - 03.01.2014 Adiamo -> owner someone else

that seems not to work correct.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Perfomance

Post by Jan »

Hi,

3) ownership is valid only for main category - if there is a subcategory of some main category, the ownership cannot be different

2) hmmm, really no idea what can be wrong there, in search, subcategories or categories are not taken differentially - they are the same :idea:

1) there is no problem with count of images as pagination is used, but with count of categories as categories cannot use pagination - because the tree needs to be created - see similar posts in this forum, where I have explained it to understand how it works (in short, if you have so much images and categories, it is good to think about right category structure - no so much categories and not so much category levels)

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project