Selecting category causes screen refresh!

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
deepfreeze
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Selecting category causes screen refresh!

Post by deepfreeze »

Hi. Wonder if someone can give me a steer on this weird problem.......

In the frontend I can set a category up for myself no problem. However, if I then try and setup a sub-category or upload images the system will ask me to select a category - as soon as I select a category the screen refreshes and I'm back to the beginning.

OK.I hear you say select the category first - same problem...... :cry:

Any idea's??? Please........

Sorry, should have added Jooma 3.2.1 with Phoca Gallery 4.1.0
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Selecting category causes screen refresh!

Post by Jan »

Hi, yes, when you select the category, new information needs to be loaded, so this is why the changing of category refresh the site - because e.g. images listed in such category need to be listed.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
deepfreeze
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by deepfreeze »

Hi Jan. Than you for the reply. However the screen refresh is the problem.

When I go to load anything the system will ask me to select a category so I will do this and the screen will refresh back to default i.e. no category selected and therefore not able to progress however I try.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hmm, then maybe there is some javascript error on that site, try to see:
https://www.phoca.cz/documents/16-joomla ... -conflicts
Jan
deepfreeze
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by deepfreeze »

Hi Jan. Many thanks for the above, had a look for error but nothing obvious. However, returning to testing I have realised that everything works fine with Firefox V26 and Chrome V32 and only fails with IE V11??????
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, hmm, really no idea what can be wrong, there is no some specific feature which should not work in non standard browsers - it is just normal select box :idea: :-(
deepfreeze
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by deepfreeze »

I have looked at this further and the one thing I have noticed is the following error;

DOM7011: The code on this page disabled back and forward caching. For more information, see: go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=291337

This does seem to be an issue for ie11 but also an issue for Phoca Gallery if IE11 users can't upload.

I have enabled\disabled Joomla caching making no difference.
deepfreeze
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by deepfreeze »

OK, latest update to test this.............

I have undertaken a clean install with no additions what so ever, used the protostar template and loaded phoca gallery and the problem still persists with IE11 ruling out my template as the cause or any other addition.................................. :x :x :x

I also have jevents loaded on my live site and the drop down select works fine and refreshes the page retaining the information as it should.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, really no idea what this should mean. I don't know any feature which somehow block back and forward caching. The problem is if this works in standard browsers, I really cannot say what can be wrong with non standard browser and what it exactly uses for the feature - to block back and forward caching (no experiences with such feature) :-( :-( - it is just normal select box which runs javascript to reload page, standard coding :idea:
deepfreeze
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by deepfreeze »

Hi Jan
I really cannot say what can be wrong with non standard browser
I would not class IE as a non standard browser amongst the general public. This problem is going to become more prevalent as more users move to IE11 + and we can't very well tell our users not to use IE as this is the standard with windows.

So, unless I have done something wrong and managed to repeat the error on a clean install this is a problem that is going to become apparent as time goes on!

The way I see this going is either a constructive attempt to see what is going on or I dump this as a non starter and have to move a lot of images. personally I like(d) Phoca Gallery and would prefer not to move. I can give you access or any thing you need to sort this but my javascript knowledge is poor and secondly have actually struggled to find the files that drive the category select.

In terms of the back and forward caching mentioned above I now think this is a false alarm as I have managed to remove that error. When I look in the console the script appearing is as follows;

Code: Select all

<select id="filter_catid_subcat" name="filter_catid_subcat" class="inputbox" onchange="document.phocagallerysubcatform.submit();">
	<option value="0" selected="selected">- Select Category</option>
	<option value="1">test me</option>
</select>
and when I look at a dropdown that does work in IE11 such as JEvents the code appears different in it's construction;

Code: Select all

<select name="category_fv" onchange="if ($('catidsfv')) $('catidsfv').value=this.value;submit(this.form)"  >
					<option value="0">All categories</option>
									<option value="80">School Booking</option>
<option value="82">- Social</option>
			</select>
I don't know if this helps?