Phoca
Phoca Seal

How do you assign an Owner to more than one category

Before you ask see the Phoca Gallery User Manual

How do you assign an Owner to more than one category

Postby Robbie8 on 10 Nov 2012, 12:35

I Have setup up the Gallery User Control Panel as I only want administrators to upload You Tube Videos (but want any registered user to upload photos) and there is no way to enable thsi to happen as far as I can see - is there?

So, I set up the UCP but when I log in as an administrator, I see no catagories at all - I guess because the admin user didnt create any of them. If I assign a category to have the Owner of my admin id, It appears in the UCP list - great..!! - BUT, when I go to my second category and try to add that as an owner, it says that the owner is already allocated to the first category.
I dont want that - I want to be able to have all categories manageable by an admin id - (well actually I would prefer if a group of site administrator ids could see all categories in the UCP, the same way the the Joomla ACL allows group access to be available.)

Anyway - how do I assign the id owner to multiple categories, or how do I change the UCP so it can administer all categories . This option is available for Uploads where there is an Options value for admisitration only, so I think it must be something we could get, or request for the future. Without admin access to all categories / Multi owners, it makes managing images harder on live sites.

Any advice would be great.

I am on Phoca 3.2.2

Rob
Robbie8
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Google Ads

Re: How do you assign an Owner to more than one category

Postby Jan on 22 Nov 2012, 00:40

Hi, users in frontend can have one main category and a lot of subcateories - see similar posts to get info why? I have explained it there (there a lot of possible dependencies and right/access conflicts)

Jan
If you find some Phoca extensions useful, please vote for them on: extensions.joomla.org
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Return to Phoca Gallery