You as an administrator can upload and publish pictures from the backend. Sometimes you want your users to upload some pictures from the frontend. Users can upload images in frontend two ways. In User Control Panel or directly in Category view.
User Control Panel
In this folder user get information how many subcategories can be created here and how many images can be uploaded here. Here user can upload own avatar (if this is enabled in parameters - in Parameters Compnent in menu link to this User Control Panel)
Here user can set and edit main category where the images can be uploaded or subcategories created.
In Subcategories user can create, delete, edit, publish, unpublish subcategories. Here the info about authorized or not authorized subcategory is displayed.
In Images user can upload, delete, edit, publish and unpublish images. The information about authorized or not authorized (approved or not approved) images is dispayed here.
First of all you need to change the Phoca Gallery parameters ( Menu Manager - e.g. Main menu - menu link to User Control Panel).
You can set the following parameters:
User Control Panel Settings
- Enable User Control Panel - it must be enabled to allow user work with UCP
- Enable Avatar Uploading - yes|no
- Enable Avatar Authorization - if yes, the avatar will be uploaded as not approved and must be approved by administrator
- Enable User Category Authorization - if yes, the user main category is created as not approved and must be approved by administrator to display it on the site
- Enable User Subcategory Authorization - if yes, the user subcategories are created as not approved and must be approved by administrator to display them on the site
- Maximum Count of Subcategories - maximum count of categories user can create in UCP
- Maximum Category Description Characters - maximum characters user can write into description field
- Enable User Upload Image Authorization - if yes, the images are uploaded as not approved and must be approved by administrator to display them on the site
- Maximum Description Characters - maximum characters user can write into description field
- Maximum Upload Size - limit for one image
- Maximum Resolution - Width - limit for image width resolution
- Maximum Resolution - Height - limit for image height resolution
- Maximum Size of all User's Images - set maixumum size of all images user can upload
Don't forget to check if the parameter Enable Thumbnails Creation is enabled in Global Configuration of Phoca Gallery component. If not, uploaded image in frontend will be not transformed into thumbnail.
Upload images in category view
Users can get rights to upload images directly into categories view. In the backend you can define per category who can view the images, who can upload images, who can publish, unpublish and delete images.
Components » Phoca Gallery » Categories » [New | Edit] button. Now you are in Phoca Gallery Categories [New]. Here you can select:
- Access Level - public, registered, special (public - all visitors can see the images in selected category, registered - only registered users can see the images in selected category, special - only authors and above can see the images in selected category)
- Access User rights - specify the user(s) (registered user) who can see the images in selected category
- Upload and Add User Rights - specify the user(s) (registered user) who can upload and add images into a selected category. If you set this right for an user, he will be able to see an upload form in the selected category. This upload form contains image file field, but image name and image description fields can be enabled too (In Parameters Component or Phoca Gallery's Global Configuration).
- Delete and Publish User Rights - specify the user(s) (registered user) who can delete and publish or unpublish images in selected category
- User Folder - select the folder on your server disc (images/phocagallery/selected-folder ... selected-folder is a folder created in images/phocagallery/ folder e.g. via FTP or Media Manager) where the uploaded images will be saved. If the User Folder is not set, frontend user will be not able to upload images.
In categories view, users are not able to create subcategories but they can upload, delete, publish or unpublish images which are not located in their categories. It means they can get rights for category and the category must not belong to them.