multiple Subcatogories viewing?

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
heathduncan
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

multiple Subcatogories viewing?

Post by heathduncan »

Hi, how could i display all my images.
I have 16 Main Catagories, in the first catagory i have 19 subcatagories followed by 23 subcatogies of that. but now if i click on one of those items it will only show 1 item when there are many.

You can see for yourself at https://test.operationwildflower.net/index.php/albums if my wording is incorrect.

Thanks in advance
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: multiple Subcatogories viewing?

Post by Benno »

Hi,
Could it be that you have set the value of the parameter: Pagination Default Value (Category View) to 1 in Phoca Gallery Options? This would explain the behavior on your page. See image:

If so, you should increase this value so that it is greater than the number of images in the largest subcategory.
Kind regards,
Benno
heathduncan
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by heathduncan »

Nope, but thanks for the suggestion.
I assume thier is a limit to this value? because i even tried 1000 and still had the same result.
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Hi,
Nope, but thanks for the suggestion.
Sorry, then I can't help you, because that's the only parameter I know, that could cause this behavior. :(
However, you could try switching to the Cassiopeia template for testing to rule out the possibility that your Helix template is causing this behavior. (For testing only) :idea:
I assume thier is a limit to this value? because i even tried 1000 and still had the same result.
This parameter defines the number of images that can be displayed on one page (e.g. the first page) in category view. The limit here is the resources of your server. A value of 100 should work everywhere, but a value of 1000 is clearly too high. If you have more than 100 images in a category, you should activate the pagination. (in the options of your menu link to the Phoca Gallery component)

BTW colleague Christine noticed a few things on your site that you should change:
You are using the Phoca Gallery default.css
You should not do this, because this default.css will be overwritten with an empty default.css with every Phoca Gallery update (the content will be lost). If you really need the content of this file, you should move it to a custom.css or user.css of your template.

You have activated the theme_simple.css and the theme_standard.css
Here you should choose one of the two. Both together can result in unsightly effects.

Freundliche Grüße,
Benno