Thumbnail creation not working

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
RonH
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Thumbnail creation not working

Post by RonH »

Hello Gys, I need your help again please. I am using Phoca Gallery and getting a problem.
This has just happened after several successful gallery creations.
After uploading media and creating a Phoca Category I then go to Phoca>components>images>multiple add then choose the title and category and select the folder where the images are and select all images in it - This is where it all goes awry, I expect after save and closing to see the thumbnail creation start - but it doesn't I just get a report saying how many images are added and nothing else. These galleries have a fairly large number of images about 180 is this more than the gallery can cope with? or has something else gone wrong?
I should add this seems to have happened after I stopped thumbnail creation when I made a mistake on an earlier gallery. Do I need to restart this process when working on a new gallery, if so HOW?
This all happening as I am rebuilding an entire site on a new host.
Many thanks for your patience and hoping one of you has a suggestion. I have checked all files involved and all are .jpgs and all OK

Tags:
RonH
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Re: Thumbnail creation not working

Post by RonH »

Hello all, finally got it working again. It took all night fiddling about with various settings. I think turning thumbnail pagination on and off again was what did the trick. Not 100% confident yet though -it could be coincidental!
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Thumbnail creation not working

Post by Benno »

Hi,
These galleries have a fairly large number of images about 180 is this more than the gallery can cope with?
This is more a question of the resources of your server. I therefore always recommend creating the thumbnails page by page. Then normally twenty images are created, then the next twenty and so on:
backend --> Components --> Phoca Gallery --> Control Panel --> Options --> Thumbnails --> Thumbnail Generation Settings --> Pagination Thumbnail Generation=Yes

Kind regards,
Benno