After uploading photos from local PC to phoca gallery cannot delete

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
RonH
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

After uploading photos from local PC to phoca gallery cannot delete

Post by RonH »

Hello everyone, I am just hoping someone might have an answer to an issue I have.
After I upload a few images my Joomla website from my local PC to to storage folder in Phocagallery of my Joomla website I am trying to delete a couple which were uploaded in error I have tried selecting them and clicking the DELETE button and also using the 3dot menu attached to each photo. In each case I get an error report stating they cannot be deleted.
I wonder if it is something to do with my Administrator permissions but don't know where or how to check these. I would have expected Administrators to have full permissions for all actions anyway though.
It would be great to resolve this as I don't wish to waste server storage. Anyone got a suggestion? Thanks.

Tags:
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: After uploading photos from local PC to phoca gallery cannot delete

Post by Benno »

Hi,
I wonder if it is something to do with my Administrator permissions but don't know where or how to check these. I would have expected Administrators to have full permissions for all actions anyway though.
To check you rights go to: Backend --> Users --> Manage --> Search for your account --> You should belong to the 'User Group = Super User' to have all permissions

Which permissions super users have, you can see here: backend--> Global Configuration -> Permissions

Kind regards,
Benno
RonH
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by RonH »

Many thanks Benno, I have checked there and I do have the required permissions
As an aside are you the Benno whose name appears on the photo whilst thumbnails are being created in PhocaGallery?
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Hi,
As an aside are you the Benno whose name appears on the photo whilst thumbnails are being created in PhocaGallery?
Yes, that's me.

What about the delete problem?
If it persists, please post a screenshot of where exactly the problem exists. Please also post which Joomla! version and which Phoca Gallery component version you are using.
Also, if you delete an image in Phoca Gallery, this means that the database entry and thumbnails of that image will be deleted. The original image will not be deleted. If you want to delete this as well, you should do this via FTP or a tool like Phoca Commander is.

Kind regards,
Benno
RonH
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by RonH »

Hi
Still cannot delete images,
screenshot is saved here https://paste.pics/QHE1D sadly imgur does not appear to be accessible here. I am using Joomla 5 and latest version of Phoca Gallery.
At this point the image has just been uploaded, so i assume it is not yet in any database. will try to use ftp to do it but surely it must be possible at this point or there would be no point is showing the delete button. Many thanks for any help
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Hi,
First of all: Since only 5 screenshots per post are possible here, I need two posts to explain the procedure:
1.)
You should, as I wrote above, first delete the thumbnails and database entries in: backend --> components --> Phoca Gallery --> Images --> Select category from which one or more images should be deleted --> Select image or images

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

2.)
I see that you are using the Joomla! Media Manager. It works in my test installation, but this is a Joomla! core feature. If this does not work for you, you should contact a Joomla! forum.
Nevertheless, if you have deleted the database entries and thumbnails as described above, go on with the Media Manager as follows:

Step1:

Step 2:

Step3:

But as I wrote above, deleting the original image(s) can be done via FTP, or even within your Joomla! installation with the Phoca Commander as well.

Kind regards,
Benno
RonH
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by RonH »

Hi Benno,
Many many thanks for all your work in helping me. It really is appreciated. It is so good to see there are kind competent people out there who are able and willing to help others.
Regards
Ron
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

You're welcome!

Kind regards,
Benno