FLV Files and Alternate Paths

Phoca Download - download manager
n3m3s1s4u
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

FLV Files and Alternate Paths

Post by n3m3s1s4u »

Hi,

Thanks for a great extension.... I am having a little difficulty though with allowing downloads of *.flv files, I get a Mime type not found error.

The other problem is a little more complicated... I also have the All videos mod activated for video playback (hence the .flv files). It has a default path of /images/stories and 2 folders - video and audio - where you still the files you want to play.
Now I want to use Phoca Download to allow downloads of the videos as well, but I don't want to duplicate (waste of space) the movie files into 2 areas as your default location I installed was /phocadownloads. Now when you attach a file you cannot tell it to look anywhere else for a file such as /images/stories/video/movie.flv - you have to take a copy and plonk it in /phocadownloads folder..... how can I work around it as I may want to share both video and audio without this dilemma??

Many thanks
codejunkie
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Re: FLV Files and Alternate Paths

Post by codejunkie »

You might try adding the following line to the Allowed File Types under Settings.

Code: Select all

{flv=video/x-flv}
You can also change the Download Folder under Settings to your desired folder. You might want to set it to images or images/stories
Download Phoca Download Menu Module for listing Sections or Categories.
n3m3s1s4u
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Re: FLV Files and Alternate Paths

Post by n3m3s1s4u »

FANTASTIC!! THANK YOU!! it works!!

God Bless
:twisted: