Download of big files (<10MB) is impossible

Phoca Download - download manager
markus3465
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Download of big files (<10MB) is impossible

Post by markus3465 »

Hi!

I've a problem with big files on my webpage. Many files are bigger than 10MB and it is impossible to download it. The browser think all these files are txt-files (whatever they are really) and after download they have only few bytes. With smaller files I've no problem.

Same problem with Joomla 1.5.10 and 1.5.12, PhocaDownload 1.1.0

For example: http://www.eibkalk.at/index.php?option= ... &Itemid=53

Does I overlook some option? Thank you in advance.

Markus
Last edited by markus3465 on 09 Jul 2009, 07:49, edited 1 time in total.
bpushard
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Re: Download of big files (<10MB) is impossible

Post by bpushard »

I am having a similar problem with 20+ mb files. The download starts fine, then terminates early while indicating the entire file has been transferred. I am getting just over 1/2 the file I want to download. I'm using version 1.5.11.

Thanks for any ideas.

Bob
a2phone
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by a2phone »

Yes i am having this problem too..
when i download the file just a half of total size and some time size download file are not match such as in the file download.
I am using J.1.5.11 with Phocadownload 1.1.0.RC

Thanks
codejunkie
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Post by codejunkie »

markus3465 wrote:Hi!

I've a problem with big files on my webpage. Many files are bigger than 10MB and it is impossible to download it. The browser think all these files are txt-files (whatever they are really) and after download they have only few bytes. With smaller files I've no problem.

Same problem with Joomla 1.5.10 and 1.5.12, PhocaDownload 1.1.0

For example: http://www.eibkalk.at/index.php?option= ... &Itemid=53

Does I overlook some option? Thank you in advance.

Markus
Have you added the appropriate mime type for the associated files? What about placing them in a compressed folder?
Download Phoca Download Menu Module for listing Sections or Categories.
markus3465
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by markus3465 »

codejunkie wrote: Have you added the appropriate mime type for the associated files? What about placing them in a compressed folder?
Sure. I try exe and zip files. All the same result. It is impossible to download it. :-(
codejunkie
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Post by codejunkie »

markus3465 wrote:
codejunkie wrote: Have you added the appropriate mime type for the associated files? What about placing them in a compressed folder?
Sure. I try exe and zip files. All the same result. It is impossible to download it. :-(
I successfully downloaded this zip file (Berker Komplettdatenbank inkl. Plugins) last night. I was able to open it as a compressed folder with no problems. I don't know what the other files extensions are for and did not try to download them.
Download Phoca Download Menu Module for listing Sections or Categories.
markus3465
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by markus3465 »

codejunkie wrote: I successfully downloaded this zip file (Berker Komplettdatenbank inkl. Plugins) last night. I was able to open it as a compressed folder with no problems. I don't know what the other files extensions are for and did not try to download them.
I've changed to direct download because a download with the phoca link doesn't work. But with the direct download I don't know how much downloads the file has. :-(

But it seems that there is no solution for this problem, so I solve this problem with the direct download until the next update of PhocaDownload.