Ideas?

Phoca Restaurant Menu - restaurant menu manager
donaldeg
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Ideas?

Post by donaldeg »

Overall this is a great extension. My only problem is that it doesn't yet suit all my needs, mostly because its likely geared towards higher end restaurants.

Anyhow, my client has a description for each menu item, only there's no place to put it except in the title. It would be great if each menu had the option to be like the wine list with an area for the description.

The other issue I have is only being able to show one price. This client has different sizes as far has his pizzas and other dishes. It would be great if in the future each item could have multiple prices to associate with different quantities.

If i'm overlooking anything I apologize. Like I said overall its a great extension.

The website I'm referring to is: tonymaloneys.com under the menu tab.
willson
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Re: Ideas? Menu formatting

Post by willson »

You can get descripption below the name of the item with this text in the item field (make sure you have the latest version; it's a recent enhancement; see https://www.phoca.cz/documents/52-phoca- ... of-bb-code )

The Tuna Melt[br][i]Tony Maloney's freshly made tuna salad smothered with your choice of provolone or Swiss[/i]

It will put in a break after the item name and then the second line in italics. You can also do underscore and bold.

I did this BB code at first but decided to pay the [u]extraordinarily[/u] reasonable price for the "pro" version to make it easier for me to maintain. I calculated that I would recover the cost of the complete/pro version with the [u]first[/u] iteration of the menu by not having to spend time carefully putting all the [br]s and [i]s in.

The Small/Medium/Large pizza pricing question I don't see an easy answer to.
donaldeg
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Re: Ideas?

Post by donaldeg »

I bought the Pro version right away because I'm happy to add a little to help the development along for what this will do for me.

So are you saying there's a better solution than using BB code within the Pro version?
willson
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by willson »

I think the BB code is a good solution for the free version. With the Pro version I used the wine list for regular menu items (Item Name + Description) and left the Size blank. With Pro I didn''t need to do any BB code for bold or italic since the description text style can be manipulated using CSS classes. Thus, I am using the Wine Menu for something that isn't a wine menu - - it works as a food menu too.
-----
Using: Restaurant Menu Pro, Gallery, Maps, Guestbook, PDF
donaldeg
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by donaldeg »

I see. I was using the wine menu for their beer menu which has a description as well. Maybe in the next version a description can be optional for each menu?
donaldeg
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by donaldeg »

Is the BB code enable only in the free version? It doesn't appear in the general parameters for me.
willson
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by willson »

BB code is in both/all versions.
See in "Phoca Restaurant Menu - Control Panel" > "Parameters" to turn it on.
ScreenShot019.jpg
I was using BB Code in the lite/free version to split the item name into two lines, in the Wine List format it is two different fields, and much easier to code. But if you want to use BB code in the wine list some place it will work there too.
-----
donaldeg
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by donaldeg »

Forgive my ignorance, but I don't have that parameter for BB code. Are you sure its in both the light and pro versions?
phocamenuparameters.jpg
willson
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by willson »

As of version 1.0.2 in com_phocamenu_lite_v1.0.2.zip

You'll see the following in the language file for example... /languages/en-GB/en-GB.com_phocamenu.ini:
ENABLE BB CODE=Enable BB Code
ENABLE BB CODE DESC=Enable or disable BB Code. Be aware, using a lot of BB tags can slow down loading page. It is recommended to use CSS styling instead ob BB tags
YES (ONLY [BR])=Yes (only [br])
-----