moved website to root (live) and thumbnail creation stopped

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
macuser
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

moved website to root (live) and thumbnail creation stopped

Post by macuser »

:| Hi Jan

My Phoca gallery was perfect . . . thanks to you. I just moved the site to live location on root of new site. Now when I add a folder to the gallery and hit "multiple add" it doesn't create thumbnails. No settings have changed. Checked permissions and 755 for the folders. Checked parameters and nothing changed. New location is on same server host no nothing changed. I tested same folder added to the old dev site and same folder added to new live site and old dev site thumbnails create perfectly. On new site thumbnails won't create.

Any ideas what might have gone wrong. I moved site by downloading ftp and uploading folders ftp and moving mysql database via phpmyadmin in cpanel. My server host checked it and site is working fine - no problems no changes - just this.

My client is trying to load up his galleries of photos urgently now before we switch name servers to point to this new site and so I need to enable the thumbnails.

So sorry to keep asking for help . . . I checked the forum and the gallery instruction manual and did not see an answer for this one.

with gratitude,
macuser
Last edited by macuser on 19 Jun 2008, 17:41, edited 2 times in total.
macuser
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Re: moved website to root (live) and thumbnail creation stopped

Post by macuser »

Well that was simple . . . I found that once I deleted all the failed attempts and started fresh today and rechecked the parameters . . . somehow the create thumbnails button had been switched off. I don't know how this could have happened in the process of duplicating files. But it did. So I turned it on and thumbnails create beautifully.

BUT, then when I go to the category page to edit the category, after I enter the info at the top, the description box never appears and the rotating circle just says "Please wait" and this is an endless loop that never resolves. I cannot edit or save the page. What is happening here? Why would it do this? How do I fix it?

After moving an intact site it feels like I have to start debugging the whole site all over again as if it had never been working . . . so odd. Though the only problems are here in the gallery. I am surprised things are changed just from a folder download ftp move.

thanks,
macuser :?:
macuser
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Re: moved website to root (live) and thumbnail creation stopped

Post by macuser »

SOLVED

Well it turns out that the editor is malfunctioning on Phoca Gallery and also on article pages now, so the problem is not with the Gallery at all!! It is with the editor.

So if anyone else has this problem . . . it is not with your gallery.

:oops: macuser