Newbie Rotating a Photo

Phoca Photo - image gallery extension
adamsr2
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Newbie Rotating a Photo

Post by adamsr2 »

I've installed Phoco-Gallery in Joomla! 3.81. I was having trouble in Joomla! uploading pictures that didn't need rotating, but ended up being rotated in the Joomla! folder I created for storing the pictures. I was told Phoco-Gallery could fix this.

So, I went to Components>Phoca-Gallery>Images>New>Select Filename>Upload. The picture I chose needed rotating. However, the picture I got was correctly rotated. Hooray! So, I clicked on the green arrow on the picture to insert it in my article. That takes me back to the article, but no picture appears anywhere in the article. What am I missing?

Another question: if at another time the uploaded picture arrives needing rotation before inserting it in my article, how do I do that?

Thanks....

Tags:
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Newbie Rotating a Photo

Post by Benno »

Hi,
That takes me back to the article, but no picture appears anywhere in the article. What am I missing?
If you want to show Phoca Gallery images inside an article, you need to install Phoca Gallery Plugin:
https://github.com/PhocaCz/PhocaGallery ... _4.3.4.zip
And you need to create valid plugin code which should be inserted into an article at the place were the image should be dispayed. This can be done easily wih help of Phoca Gallery Button Plugin:
https://github.com/PhocaCz/PhocaGallery ... v4.2.1.zip
Both plugin needs to be installed and enabled.
Another question: if at another time the uploaded picture arrives needing rotation before inserting it in my article, how do I do that?
You can rotate images here: backend --> Components --> Phoca Gallery --> Images --> Functions

Kind regards,
Benno
adamsr2
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by adamsr2 »

Closer but not yet there. I installed and enabled the plugins.

Then I went to components/Phoca Gallery/New. I entered a title. I could not Select a Category, there were no options. I selected a file and clicked on the green insert arrow. Nothing happened yet. I clicked on the Phoca button in the new article. I clicked on Image. I couldn’t select a category, there were no options. I clicked on Insert Code. I got an error message that I must select a category.

On another trial: Then I went to components/Phoca Gallery/New. I entered a title. I could not Select a Category, there were no options. I selected a file and clicked on the green insert arrow. Nothing happened yet. I clicked on the Phoca button in the new article. I clicked on Categories. Then I clicked on Insert Code. That inserted the following in the body of the article: {phocagallery view=categories|imagecategories=1|imagecategoriessize=0}

So, can you help me a bit?
adamsr2
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by adamsr2 »

I have created a Phoca Gallery Category. I 'm guessing my problem is loading up Images to this Category. Also,not sure, if I get that far, whether to choose Category View or Image View.
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Hi,
I have created a Phoca Gallery Category.
And did you assign images to this category? Do you see images when you open:
backend -> Components -> Phoca Gallery -> Images ?

Kind regards,
Benno
adamsr2
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by adamsr2 »

No, there are no entries of image files. I can see the images by going to Components>Phoca Gallery>Images>New>Select Filename. I guess I don't know how to assign images to "this category". Not quite sure what "this category" means either.
adamsr2
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by adamsr2 »

OK, I figured it out!! Now I have another problem. Some of my uploaded pictures need rotating. I was told Phoca Gallery would let me do that. That's why I downloaded it. But I can't figure out how to do that.
adamsr2
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by adamsr2 »

The images I need to rotate are fine on my laptop before I upload them. Once I upload them into the Joomla! Media>Phocogallery folder, some of them, come in needing rotation.
adamsr2
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by adamsr2 »

Hold the phone! I found the rotate button1 Hooray! I'm all set! Thanks!
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

You're welcome!

Kind regards,
Benno