"Choose Variant"-button - translation? possible?

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
ChrisSchick
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

"Choose Variant"-button - translation? possible?

Post by ChrisSchick »

Last Issue I faced is the variant-button in category view. It shows a shopping-cart and "Choose Variant", but I would have that translated. With Firefox I found, that it's an glyphicon and I have no clue, how to modify these, since I don't know where (or if ) they are stored...

Thanks in advance

Chris
Last edited by ChrisSchick on 30 May 2018, 22:48, edited 1 time in total.

Tags:
ChrisSchick
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Re: "Choose Variant"-button - translation? possible?

Post by ChrisSchick »

Found something:

[...]/components/com_phocacart/layouts/button_add_to_cart_list.php in row 30:

echo JText::_('COM_PHOCACART_CHOOSE_VARIANT'); // JText::_('COM_PHOCACART_SELECT_OPTIONS');

but I can't find that in the language file. I've added that line into the corresponding language file (german) but that changed nothing...

//EDIT got the wrong line. After I added COM_PHOCACART_CHOSE_VARIANT to the related language file, it's now correctly translated.
christine
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by christine »

Hi Chris,

I was searching for "Choose Variant" on a demo, but didn't find. In generell you could change words via language override.
But I was not sure about the glyphicon.

But ... in the meantime you found it. :twisted: Thank you for your information!

Kind regards
Christine
ChrisSchick
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by ChrisSchick »

Next Issue: Ask a question is completely missing from translation. If I add the lines manually, language file is corrupted and translations aren't shown anymore (fallback to english). If I add them in overrides, only the Lines are shown (i.e. COM_PHOCACART_FIELD_F_EMAIL_LABEL)

Do I have to add an overrides to both - english, and german language to get that working?

Since Phoca Cart is the best component for my purposes, I don't mind to add such efforts into it.
Since my homepage will be single-languaged, I need to get everything correctly displayed, so I'll do my very best.
If desired, I could share my overrides-file, so the missing lines could get injected in the official files...
christine
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by christine »

Hi Chris,

thanks for your investigation. I will contact Jan & Benno about! Benno is our language hero 8)

Kind regards
Christine
ChrisSchick
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by ChrisSchick »

Thanks for that!

I'm giving up for now, since my language file was f*cked. I have a backup, so nothing is lost, but translation of the question-form keeps crashing the language file. Hope they can fix it in the next release. I think I skip that question stuff in my ucoming shop until then. Can still work with that.

Great support here! Keep up the good work!

Good night

Chris
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Hi,
welches Deutsche Sprachpaket hast Du den wo runtergeladen und installiert?
Wenn du das Paket von meiner Seite installierst, sind garantiert alle Strings übersetzt.

Freundliche Grüße,
Benno