Component Installed but not working

Phoca SEF - redirect extension for Joomla! CMS
SEOserpent
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Re: Component Installed but not working

Post by SEOserpent »

I am having the exact same problem at the moment. Install done as directed and as the above user describes, all globals turned on and SEF urls are on and am still getting an apache 404 error with known good urls and when "forcing" bad urls, nothing is being written to the DB.

Phoca SEF version : 1.0.0
Joomla version : 1.5.9

Please help, this is exactly what I'm looking for, thanks!
SEOserpent
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by SEOserpent »

Well it looks like my problem is related to Joomla not handling the 404 (apache is handling it) and therefore the Joomla error handling isn't called and so the plug-in doesn't get called either (see- viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3008) but I don't know why Joomla is letting apache handle the 404...researching...
SEOserpent
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by SEOserpent »

OK, so I figured out what my problem was. The file extensions from the old website are ".cfm" for coldfusion pages and by default, the htaccess file in Joomla is not setup to redirect those extensions so apache threw it's own 404 error. By adding the CFM to the htaccess file, now the plugin is working as designed.

@aspagarino - What file types are your old site using? If it's anything other than .php, .htm, .html that is probably your problem too.
systeman
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by systeman »

Hi,
Hope someone can help me with this.
I installed Phoca SEF OK, changed the script as shown and have that set as a core override.

I know I've got about 7000 + pages e that are error 404, these are listed in Google Webmaster Tools.

These pages though are not being recorded to the Phoca database.

Tried one manually by creating a new redirect entering the details. But the old URL is not redirecting.

My Setup.
Joomla 1.5.10
Joomla 1.5 SEO Patch

SEO Settings:
SEF URLs [Yes]
Use Apache mod_rewrite [Yes]
Add suffix to URLs [Yes]

standard .htaccess stuff
########## Begin - Joomla! core SEF Section
#
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index.php
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.feed|\.pdf|\.raw|/[^.]*)$ [NC]
RewriteRule (.*) index.php
RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization},L]
#
########## End - Joomla! core SEF Section

See my post:
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3894