Different Gallery in each webpage

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
RonH
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Different Gallery in each webpage

Post by RonH »

Hi, so sorry to be a nuisance but I previouslyused Phoca gallery way back in an earlier version of Joomla and am now setting up a new Joomla 5 site. I have downloaded and installed Phoca gallery OK and have generated thumbnails and categories, my problem is HOW to use a specific but different category or gallery in each webpage. For example let's imagine I want to display the photos I took on each day of a holiday on the webpage for that day. Any help you can offer would be magic.

Tags:
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Different Gallery in each webpage

Post by Benno »

Hi,
You can either create categories for each day of your vacation, upload the images of that day to these categories and link the categories with menu entries to the Phoca Gallery component of (List Of Images Type), or you can create one or more articles and integrate the created categories into the article(s) using the Phoca Gallery plugin. The Phoca Gallery plugin can be called several times in a single article and thus display the images of several categories.

Kind regards,
Benno
RonH
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by RonH »

Hi and thanks for the feedback. My problem is that I have installed both the Phoca Gallery Button and Phoca gallery plugins and enabled them both but cannot see them in the article editor as used to be the case under Joomla 3 when I last used it.
I know I must have done something wrong, but for the life of me can't see what.
Where do I find the relevant buttons please?
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Hi,
Go to: Backend --> Content --> Articles --> Create a new or edit an existing article --> Click on 'CMS Content' Button --> You will now see the 'Phoca Gallery Image Button Plugin' icon

See image:

Kind regards,
Benno
RonH
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by RonH »

Ok thanks but my problems continue. After I click the Phoca Gallery Image button I get a dialog asking me for Limit Start and Image Count which suggest there should be a dropdown option for both - but there are none for either, what am I getting wrong now please?
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Hi,
After I click the Phoca Gallery Image button I get a dialog asking me for Limit Start and Image Count which suggest there should be a dropdown option for both - but there are none for either, what am I getting wrong now please?
Nothing, see images:

1.) Image
Click 'Phoca Gallery Image' button --> Choose 'Images'

2.) Image
Choose a category. (If you want to show all pictures of this category (in your case of a single day of your holiday), leave all other input fields unchanged and click the 'Insert Code' button.

3.) Image
The result in frontend is that all images of the selected category are displayed in the article in which you have inserted the plugin code.

Please note: The Joomla! Behavior - Backward Compatibility Plugin must be enabled, because a native Phoca Gallery Plugin and Phoca Gallery Button Plugin for Joomla! 5 is not yet available.

Kind regards,
Benno
RonH
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by RonH »

Hello to everyone who offered help and thank you for your efforts. I have now discovered my error. I was forgetting to select the category on the screen prior to generating thumbnails (Multiple add)
Just shows what an idiot I am, I have used this extension hundreds of times in the past but in the 2 years since I last used it had completely forgotten. Thanks again!
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Ok.

Kind regards,
Benno