setting up team site for image sharing

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
oleb
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

setting up team site for image sharing

Post by oleb »

Hi Forum users,

I'm quite new to the Phoca Gallery plugin. It's my first attempt in setting up Phaca Gallery environment and because of that, I'm not that familiar with the configuration.

In example it took me 5-6 hours and and some youtube videos to figure out how to enable the user config panel.

Now I'm struggling with setting up proper rights for my users. I can understand the concept of Categories and sub categories. Then the question pops up; How can I prepare areas for each user in my team where they can upload their pictures and manage them without absorbing all the storage on my web hotel?

I have had a really hard time getting the upload functionality to work properly. The button is visible, but no image files are uploaded. I can't figure out why.

Can somebody guide me to some thorough documentation where I can be guided step by step through the process?

Thanks in advance.

Ole Bro
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: setting up team site for image sharing

Post by Benno »

Hi,
I have had a really hard time getting the upload functionality to work properly. The button is visible, but no image files are uploaded. I can't figure out why.
Did you set: Enable Thumbnails Generation=Yes
in Phoca Gallery Options?

Kind regards,
Benno
Itorino
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by Itorino »

What does this setting do exactly, Benno?
christine
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by christine »

Hi,
Phoca Gallery creates 3 types of thumbnails to show the pictures. Those thumbnails are created with the help of the GD library (which you need to be enabled on your server).
The smallest thumbnail is used when you display a list of categories.
The medium thumbnail is used when you display the images in a category and the large thumbnail pops up when you click a medium thumbnail.
https://www.phoca.cz/documents/2-phoca- ... d-glossary

Kind regards
Christine