slideshow plugin

Phoca Gallery plugins - plugins for Phoca Gallery extension
cousinjay
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

slideshow plugin

Post by cousinjay »

I have inserted the code below into an article. I've confirmed the correct id (that's the category, right) The plugin is enabled and published

Sadly, all I get is the text of the braced command. Any idea what I'm missing?

{pgslideshow id=16|width=128|
height=128|delay=3000|image=M}
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: slideshow plugin

Post by Benno »

Hi,
which version of Phoca Gallery Component and Phoca Gallery Slideshow Plugin do you use?
Do you use the plugin inside an joomla! article made by com_content or do you use an extern extension to create articles?

Kind regads,
Benno
cousinjay
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by cousinjay »

the component is 4.3.4

I use the internal editor to create my articles. I'm pretty sure there's a setting somewhere that I've missed, but I sure haven't been able to figure where it is.

By the way, I tried inserting the code using the button at the bottom of the editor and that didn't work,(the code was exactly the same as what I typed, but guess what? Using the button to insert a category seems to work fine
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Hi,
again: Which version of Phoca Gallery Slideshow Plugin & Phoca Gallery Button Plugin do you use?

Kind regards,
Benno
cousinjay
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by cousinjay »

Benno wrote: 15 Mar 2017, 12:07 Hi,
again: Which version of Phoca Gallery Slideshow Plugin & Phoca Gallery Button Plugin do you use?

Kind regards,
Benno
Where do I find that information? Looking at these items in the plugin manager, I don't see any version numbers. If it helps, I just downloaded the plugins, and the gallery last week, so I assume I have the latest versions.
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Hi,
Where do I find that information?
backend --> Extensions --> Manage --> Manage

Kind regards,
Benno
cousinjay
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by cousinjay »

Benno wrote: 15 Mar 2017, 13:26 Hi,
Where do I find that information?
backend --> Extensions --> Manage --> Manage

Kind regards,
Benno
Got it. Thanks

phoca gallery button plugin 4.2.1
phoca gallery plugin 4.3.1
phoca gallery 4.3.4
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Ok.
Install the current Phoca Gallery Plugin v4.3.4 and Phoca Gallery Slideshow Plugin v4.3.2
Then it should work as expected.

Kind regards,
Benno
cousinjay
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

making progress

Post by cousinjay »

Benno wrote: 15 Mar 2017, 16:17 Ok.
Install the current Phoca Gallery Plugin v4.3.4 and Phoca Gallery Slideshow Plugin v4.3.2
Then it should work as expected.

Kind regards,
Benno
Thanks. I really assumed that I had the lastest, but I guess we all know what AssUme really means :D

So, the slide show is now working and I'm figuring out a lot about configuring tables in joomla's editors.

On to the next problem I haven't figured out:

I have about 100 photos that need to go into a gallery for a slide show. I've tried just about every upload process I can see, but I have yet been able to get those pictures into the correct category. I've looked at the documentation and I thought I was doing what it said, but the photos are not there.

I see them in the media manager, but they are not in the phocagallery tree. As tedious as it is, i'm going to have to delete all 100 out of the pictures folder one at a time (unless you can point me to some type of mass tagging process) and then attempt to upload through the phoca gallery.
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Hi,
As tedious as it is, i'm going to have to delete all 100 out of the pictures folder one at a time (unless you can point me to some type of mass tagging process) and then attempt to upload through the phoca gallery.
It is not necessary to delete pictures one by one. Use the 'Check All' check box to delete image pages. This is much faster. (See picture) And, of course, you can also display more than 5 images on one page and delete them.

Uploading (I only use FTP for Upload):
see: https://www.phoca.cz/documents/2-phoca-g ... images#ftp
You need to upload images into the images/phocagallery directory in your server. Phoca Gallery will automatically create thumbnails of these images when you add them to a category.

Ideally, put your photos into separate folders within images/phocagallery. e.g. images/phocagallery/holidays, because adding images to different categories will be easier then.

There can be problems with image names (folder names) on some servers. Before you upload your images into a server, please check the image names (folder names). They shouldn't contain spaces or some bad characters (', ", #, ...), diacritics or special national characters.
Very Important: Enable Thumbnails Generation must be set to Yes in Phoca Gallery Options!

Kind regards,
Benno