Problem with slideshow

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
bikerman
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Problem with slideshow

Post by bikerman »

Hi,
I'm using Phoca Gallery 4.2.1 on Joomla 3.4.4. The gallery itself seems fine, but I'm having trouble displaying a slideshow in an article. I'm using the {pgslideshow id==xx|height=xx|width=xx} syntax in the article. The images come up OK, and the slideshow seems to work generally, but I can't get the description to display. I've tried different settings for desc= (I've tried peekaboo, allways, ondemand etc). I've tried altering the height and width but nothing. What I DO see is a small black rectangle appearing at the bottom of the image area when I mouseover the image when set to peekaboo. I'm thinking that it is trying to pull the description up but some setting somewhere is causing it to display out of bounds. I'll post the url which should take you directly to the section in the article I'm talking about.
Otherwise I'm very happy with Phoca Gallery = thanks for keeping such a quality product free - it really makes a difference to those who maintain sites for interest rather than for money :-)
Best wishes
Chris.
http://www.bikerman.co.uk/my-stuff/my-w ... -illusions.
christine
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Problem with slideshow

Post by christine »

Hi bikerman,
What I DO see is a small black rectangle appearing at the bottom of the image area when I mouseover the image when set to peekaboo
As I'm not know about these parameters, I searched for this "black rectangle". It's hard coded respectively set in the options > "element.style"

Code: Select all

element.style {
    color: white;
    height: 100%;
    left: 0;
    padding-bottom: 4px;
    padding-left: 4px;
    padding-right: 4px;
    padding-top: 4px;
    position: absolute;
    top: 0;
    width: 92px;}
Therefore I tried with CSS and put it at the end of the template.css:

Code: Select all

.descpanelfg {  
position: absolute;  
margin-top:-30px;  
background-color:#fff !important;
color:red !important;
width:600px !important;
padding-top: 130px; !important;
line-height:10px;}
How it looks: http://imgur.com/KlYaZKZ :wink:
Still I see this black rectangle, when I hover of it. Above CSS just an idea :idea:

Kind regards, Christine
bikerman
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by bikerman »

Thanks Christine. Yep that certainly offers a solution. I've tried in on the main template css file and it works fine.
Thanks for the help
C.
christine
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by christine »

Hi Chris,
Great to "see" it :wink:
Kind regards, Christine