Page 1 of 1

Choosing Random Photos, display oddity

Posted: 28 Sep 2026, 16:58
by Tomnibus
I have my top category listings set to show a random photo from the sub-categories. However, when either the sub-categories don't have anything in them, or if it simply doesn't choose from what is in there. I get a blank folder. That is fine, however, the CSS displays overlapping outlines and the blank folders are huge. Is there a way to fix this?

Incidentally, one sub-category in "Contests" out of 7 does have 216 photos in it but apparently takes into account all the other folders and didn't choose one.

screenshot here:
https://i.imgur.com/cKkjWpo.png

Re: Choosing Random Photos, display oddity

Posted: 28 Sep 2026, 17:23
by Tomnibus
Here is something I notice inspecting the CSS.

When there is an image, it is linked to the image with an img tag with width/height of 222 x 167.

But when there is no image chosen it displays an SVG value and specifically calls out 380 x 285 as the size. If I could modify some preference to force 222 x 167 it would look normal. (added #gt# and #lt# to display the code below)

#gt# svg alt="Contests" class="ph-si ph-si-category pg-image c-Image c-Image--shaded" style="width:380px;height:285px" itemprop="thumbnail"><use xlink:href="#ph-si-category"#lt##gt#/use#lt##gt#/svg#lt#

Re: Choosing Random Photos, display oddity

Posted: 28 Sep 2026, 21:10
by Jan
Hi, test if some Phoca Gallery theme CSS is enabled in Phoca Gallery administration:

Administration - Phoca Gallery - Styles (check if theme standard or theme simple is enabled)

Jan