Supplement instead of discount

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
KainL
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Supplement instead of discount

Post by KainL »

I'm looking for the possibility to increase a standard price (for a specific period) by a fix amount or percentage, e.g. an item has got a standard price of € 1.50 an supplement of 1.00 € should be added as an energy supplement or whatever. I did not find any parameter for increasing the price by an specified value, so it is transparent to the customer. Best would be, the original price and the increased price could be displayed with the article. I tried to solve this by adding a positive discount (+ 1.0). When checking out, the calculation is right, but instead of "Product Supplement" and "+" there is displayed "Product Discount" and "-". At least "+" should be displayed instead of "-".
https://imgur.com/a/wi0Qrgp
My questions:
1. Is there another way to add a supplement for each or selected items, which will be displayed BEFORE adding the item to cart?
2. If not, is it possible to display a "+" instead of "-" when displaying the cart/checkout?

Thanks for support in advance
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Supplement instead of discount

Post by Jan »

Hi, thank you for the information

1) for now I don't know any such opiton - you can change whole prices with bulk price editor but there is no opposite to discounts
2) I will take a look at it but the problem is, it is sale and it work only with positive values, so when saving it, the order table gets error (because it cannot store minus values)

So it can break the ordering process :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
KainL
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by KainL »

Hi Jan,
thx for looking at my problem. Perhaps you can include a price supplement in a forecoming version, as it is not uncommon to have (temporarily) supplements every now and then.
For the moment I used various renamed "taxes" as supplements, as I do not have to display, bill or pay taxes on the items I want to offer for non-commercial purposes.
Thanks again and for your great work in general also
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

OK
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project