Dutch language files won't load

Phoca Download - download manager
chaldama
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Dutch language files won't load

Post by chaldama »

At https://harmonium.marloesdeheer.nl/part ... vox-humana the language file does not load. The Dutch language is the default langiage and e.g. the search function does appear in Dutch.
I uploaded the files in the nl-NL folders language and administrator/language according to the instructions.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Dutch language files won't load

Post by Jan »

Hi, which translation file did you use? Is it the newest version?

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
webridder
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by webridder »

Hi Jan, I have the same issue. The latest nl-NL translation files are from 2010. And they worked fine on J3.x but after upgrade to J4 it falls back to English translations. Which seems pretty logic if I compare the en-GB file with the nl-NL file: the variables are completely different. So the question is: can you reach out for new Dutch translation files?
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

@webridder,
The latest nl-NL translation files are from 2010. And they worked fine on J3.x but after upgrade to J4 it falls back to English translations.
The translation, as you can see, is from 2014 and falls back to English whenever the current strings have not yet been added to the language pack and have not yet been translated.
So the question is: can you reach out for new Dutch translation files?
Since all translations of all Phoca extensions have been/are being done by volunteer users of this free component in their free time, it is up to you to do the same, or try to contact Jeroen Egbertzen and/or Rick Ek. Maybe they are willing to assist you. :idea:

Kind regards,
Benno
gerpol
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by gerpol »

I also noticed that the Dutch languagepack is very much outdated and contains incorrect translations.

Give me a few days and i'll try to make a correct translation on Phoca Download 4.x
gerpol
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by gerpol »

gerpol wrote: 29 Mar 2023, 13:46 I also noticed that the Dutch languagepack is very much outdated and contains incorrect translations.

Give me a few days and i'll try to make a correct translation on Phoca Download 4.x
Took me just a few hours to update and correct the Dutch translation files for Phoca Download 4, but have them ready. Will send it to Jan here so he can place it in the downloadsection.