Phoca Top Menu Manager Joomla 4

Phoca modules - support for all Phoca modules except Phoca Gallery modules
Cpointcc
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Phoca Top Menu Manager Joomla 4

Post by Cpointcc »

I am looking to see how I can use my own custom admin menu for my client.

In the configuration for Menu to Show I only see the preset. How can I choose my own menu?

Please advise.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Phoca Top Menu Manager Joomla 4

Post by Jan »

Hi, the module only work with presets, so there is no option to select some specific menu :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Cpointcc
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by Cpointcc »

That is unfortunate. That is the only reason I purchased this module. Do you offer a refund?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, where did you purchase such module? Are you sure, you are talking about Phoca Top menu module. This is free module, you can download it for free here: https://www.phoca.cz/phoca-top-menu-module

Phoca extensions are open source and free extensions for free download. If you have purchased some extension by some other developer, you need to ask for refund there.

Jan
dascher
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by dascher »

now that I have installed the Phoca Top Menu Manager Joomla 4 and set the configuration up according to the documentation, and disabled the default menu ...
I still have the "Toggle Menu" button displaying in the left column where the default menu was. It no longer appears to do anything. How to I get rid of it??

This was remarkably easy to set up (aside from this little issue with the "toggle menu" button). I don't know if a newbie would be able to do it, but for an experienced Joomla admin person, it is almost "intuitive".

thanks
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, Phoca Top Menu Manager does not influence Joomla standard menu. The "Toggle Menu" is not a part of Phoca Top Menu module, it is a part of Joomla core. So maybe this is much more a question on Joomla core developers. I don't know if you really use this module: https://www.phoca.cz/phoca-top-menu-module but if yes, its function is only move a menu to top position. It is a module which cannot influence Joomla standard menu options including "Toggle Menu" button. So for the problems with "Toggle Menu" button this needs to be asked by Joomla core developers. It is not a port of this module.

Jan
dascher
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by dascher »

I understand your point, however, it seems to me that the point of the horizontal menu is to replace the vertical menu. I don't think anybody wants to have both horizontal and vertical menus. It is easy to turn off the vertical menu by disabling the Administrator Menu but that "Toggle Menu" button doesn't go away and the space in the left column is just wasted screen space.

I have managed to get rid of the wasted left column space by adding a user.css file with

/* customizations */
div#sidebar-wrapper.sidebar-wrapper{ display: none; }

in media/templates/administrator/atum/css

Maybe that will be useful to somebody else.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, thank you for the code.

You can even add other then the same left menu to top menu. So e.g. I use alternatvie menu in top menu, so it is a bit different to left menu.

Jan
dascher
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by dascher »

That's an interesting alternative I had not considered.
thanks.