Problem Phoca Download & PHP 8.x / Version problems

Phoca Download - download manager
els008
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Problem Phoca Download & PHP 8.x / Version problems

Post by els008 »

Hello,

after the switch to PHP 8 and the new version (3.2.3) of phoca download I´ve got some problems and hopefully/maybe you can help me.

With the new version of phoca download (and PHP 7.3.x) the "list of files" were visible at the frontend, but when I click to one of them the link is like: dokument.html?download=364:faq-arbeit and the pdf doesn´t open anymore. I didn´t change anything after the update and that worked before.

And the second: with the switch to PHP 8 the list of files are also no visible anymore, instead everywhere 404 pages; when I change back to the 7.3. the files are visible (but not clickable ... ).

The Backend looks ok.

Have you got a tipp for me? Thank you and best regards!
Ela

Tags:
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Problem Phoca Download & PHP 8.x / Version problems

Post by Jan »

Hi, when there should be problems with PHP then you should get some PHP error there. When you enable PHP error reporting to on, do you see some PHP errors?

BTW when you use latest PHP versin, it is also recommended to use latest Joomla 4 and Phoca Download 4.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
els008
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by els008 »

Hi Jan,

Thank you for your answer! No, unfortunately there are no errors, just a notice:
Notice: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /plugins/system/abiviaredact/abiviaredact.php on line 473

Yes, we´ll change to the 4-versions, but that needs some time ...

When I change the "list of files" to "list of categories", the categories are listed, but after a click to a category -> 404.

I´m very happy for any help!!!!!
Thank you & best regards/viele Grüße, Ela
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, when you disable SEF (for test only), do you get the same problem?

Jan
els008
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by els008 »

Hi Jan,
Yes, the same problem ...
Best regards, Ela
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, hmm, hard to say what can be wrong there. Mostly Non-SEF urls can work. If it does not work even SEF is enabled, hard to say, maybe the installation is completely broken. Maybe some reinstall should be done, etc. :idea:

Jan
els008
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by els008 »

Hi Jan,
Ok, I´ll search ... thank you!
Kind regards, Ela
els008
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by els008 »

Hi Jan,

now I´m trying to update to Joomla 4 :) But unfortunatley I´ve got the same problems ..

In my test environment I´ve deactivate all extensions, update to Joomla 4.2.7 and it´s ok. After that I´ve update phoca download to version 4.0.5. All seems to be ok. I`ve tried to download a file, but just "502 Bad Gateway" appears. I´ve changed the error log to maximum and at the bottom is: "Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /html/com_phocadownload/category/default.php on line 98".
I´ve changed the theme to cassiopia and the error was array, but its still not working (same issue).
I´ve changed the PHP version from 7.4 to 8.0 - same problem.
I´ve made a new menue point and also there the same problem.
Than I´ve download the component from your site and reinstall it. Same problem ..

Now I´ve found out, that if I change "direct link" to yes, the pdf opens in the tab but I don´t want that. The download area is just for members with a login. With the direct link it is possible to copy the link (and send that easy to other) and I don´t know whether google would index/integrate them (and that´s no way .. the files are just for the members).

Have you got a tipp for me?
Thank you very much & kind regards, Ela
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, what is the full error of this:

""Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /html/com_phocadownload/category/default.php on line 98"."

Because the path seems like template override in some of the Joomla template (which means that it seems like the override was not updated)

Jan
els008
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by els008 »

Hi Jan,

after I´ve switched the template to cassiopaia, the rror was away, but it´s still not working - Bad Gateway.
When I switch the "Direct Link" to "yes", it´s working. But I don´t want that ... not a direct link.

Have you got an idea?
Thank you very much!!!
Kidn regards, Ela