How to migrate Phoca Guestbook v2.0.7 to v3.0.1

Phoca Guestbook - creating guestbooks in Joomla! CMS
athensguy
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

How to migrate Phoca Guestbook v2.0.7 to v3.0.1

Post by athensguy »

I have Phoca Guestbook installed on Joomla v2.5.19 and tried to migrate to Phoca Guestbook v3.0.1 installed on Joomla 3.2 but it never worked for me even with SP Upgrade extension. Any recommendations?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: How to migrate Phoca Guestbook v2.0.7 to v3.0.1

Post by Jan »

Hi, migrating Phoca Guestbook from 2.5 to 3 will be more difficult than by other extensions as since 3 the guestbooks (categories) are a part of Joomla! they are not more Phoca Guestbook categories - so while migrating the guestbooks needs to be imported form Phoca Guestbook to Joomla! categories and the posts needs to get this information too - see similar posts in this forum, I think, there was an user who did such migration.

I hope I will do such guide before Joomla! 3 will be stable LTS.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
was_nun?
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by was_nun? »

Hi Jan,

since the joomla development team abandoned the concept of "stable LTS" I think more and more 2.5 joomla users will start to migrate within the next couple of months - at least before December 2014 when 2.5 will be running out of support service. And frankly I for my own part got better things to do but to migrate joomla during my Christmas holiday break. Up until now we've been told to wait until 3.5 comes out - but this strategy has been called off. It's not even sure whether a 3.5 will even ever come out. The migration issue will become more important now. :x

Could you kindly give non-savy user a script or at least a step-by-step guide on how to do the migration from the 2.5 to the 3.X Version of phoca guestbook and phoca download? I think this topic will catch up speed within the next few weeks after this announcementhttp://developer.joomla.org/news/584-jo ... eople.html. :twisted:

Thanks so much. :)

Best!
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, for now I didn't do the migration yet, so I cannot give any clue advice. The guide will be similar to this:
https://www.phoca.cz/documents/50-phoca/ ... -joomla-25
By Phoca Guestbook it will be more difficult (as categories (guestbooks) are now Joomla! categories) - there were some guides in this forum.

I will write the guide as soon as possible.
https://www.phoca.cz/phoca-needs-your-help/
Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
borja
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by borja »

i start to migrate from 1.5 to 3.2 without success i see that Phoca Category are now Joomla Category but not more.

i see new fileds like this that i don´t know what to do with the old items:

3 parent_id int(11) No 0 Cambiar Cambiar Eliminar Eliminar

Más

4 lft int(11) No 0 Cambiar Cambiar Eliminar Eliminar

Más

5 rgt int(11) No 0 Cambiar Cambiar Eliminar Eliminar

Más

6 level int(11) No 1 Cambiar Cambiar Eliminar Eliminar
was_nun?
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by was_nun? »

Jan wrote: I will write the guide as soon as possible.
https://www.phoca.cz/phoca-needs-your-help/
Jan
Hi Jan,

did me some tests an was quite successful today. So I made a little doc in WORD. Can you send me a mail, so I can send you this doc and you can upload it somewhere?

TA & Cheers!

was_nun?
borja
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by borja »

i cannot send you a private message with my email. any idea?
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

@borja,
you need to have some more posts, to use PM.

Kind regards,
Benno
was_nun?
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by was_nun? »

borja wrote:i cannot send you a private message with my email. any idea?
Well... seems to be a problem here. So I'll try to copy & paste. Since the max of a message is also limited I have to do two postings... :P

Before doing anything – backup your old and your new joomla installations- this is just in case!!!!

If you don’t have any clue what a database looks like (or what is does for that matter), what phpmyadmin is and how to copy and insert tables, forget this one. Please don’t “try” anything you can do a LOT of harm to your website! Wait for a decent How-To.

Make screenshots of your old joomla 1.5.x or 2.5.x installation’s settings of phoca guestbook. Will be a time-saver once you’re working in your new joomla 3.x environment.

Start by installing the latest phoca guestbook for joomla 3.X in your new joomla 3.x instance.

Then create a new guestbook.

Turn to your joomla 3.x database. In your joomla 3.x table YOURPREFIX-VERSION3_categories => find out which catid this one has - for example 1234567. In my case it’s the 526 for the first guestbook. You can also find this catid in the backend view of the phoca guestbbok component after you’ve installed the guestbook and created a new guestbook.

Start by copying the old whole table YOURPREFIX-VERSION-1.5.3_phocaguestbook_items from your old joomla 1.5.X database to the new joomla 3 database.

Optional - backup your YOURPREFIX-VERSION3_phocaguestbook_items from the new installed phocaguestbook 3.x

Then use this code in your database and please remember to use YOUR prefixes

Code: Select all

INSERT `YOURPREFIX-VERSION3_phocaguestbook_items` (id, catid, parent_id, lft, level, username, userid, email, homesite, ip, title, content, date, published, checked_out,   checked_out_time) SELECT  id+1 AS id, 10013 AS catid, 1 AS parent_id, ordering AS lft, 1 AS level, username, userid, email, homesite, ip, title, content, date, published, checked_out, checked_out_time FROM `YOURPREFIX-VERSION-1.5.3_phocaguestbook_items`

Then update like this

UPDATE `YOURPREFIX-VERSION3_phocaguestbook_items` SET `language` = '*';
and one more time update like this - here you need your catid that you looked up beforehand!

UPDATE `YOURPREFIX-VERSION3_phocaguestbook_items` SET `catid` = '12345678';
was_nun?
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by was_nun? »

Part two... the story continues :P

Let’s create a transfer table like that, btw. you can delete this table after all is done:

Create with this:

create table migrate as
SELECT id
,      @rowid:=@rowid+2 as rowid
,      @rowid - 1       as lftnew
,      @rowid           as rgtnew
FROM YOURPREFIX-VERSION3_phocaguestbook_items
, (SELECT @rowid:=0) as init
ORDER BY id;

then rebuild the lft with the previous step:

update YOURPREFIX-VERSION3_phocaguestbook_items 
set lft=(select lftnew from migrate where migrate.id = YOURPREFIX-VERSION3_phocaguestbook_items.id);

then rebuild the rgt

update YOURPREFIX-VERSION3_phocaguestbook_items
set rgt=(select rgtnew from migrate where migrate.id = YOURPREFIX-VERSION3_phocaguestbook_items.id);
Remember that this is a new install of your phoca guestbook. Please mind that you have to do all your settings manually. Use your old installation’s screenshot as a guide.
If you’d like to, delete the migrate table and also the two imported old tables YOURPREFIX-VERSION-1.5.3_phocaguestbook_XYZ from your joomla 3.x database. This is just to keep your database tidy and neat.

This How-To is based on the procedure of one of phoca’s forum members ToXiQ, can be read here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23105&start=10

I just added a few things that weren’t quite clear to me at first!