First post!

grantmasterflash
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Ok, just for the rec

Post by grantmasterflash »

Ok, just for the record I'm going to be working on porting the g2Image plugin for TinyMCE/Joomla to Phoca.

I've just started using Joomla 1.5 so if there's anything I need to know about the changes from 1.x to 1.5 in the editor department let me know.

Grant
grantmasterflash
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

I guess because the

Post by grantmasterflash »

I guess because the way Phoca works (or doesn't) the PHP code will have to be completely rewritten.

What it does is accesses the Gallery database and requests the names and thumbs of all the galleries and builds a menu. Once this is done it allows you to click on a gallery by name and it will show you a graphical view of the gallery. It also allows you to click on advance options where you can set alignment and other CSS stuff.

I don't think the code would be that different than the Phoca view category code. Maybe just get a list of categories from Phoca then when someone selects one via dropdown menu it will display the thumbs in a window. I'm thinking I can steal a lot of code from the main Phoca code. We'll see.

I think the changes in Phoca to handle sub categories will change the way the plugin has to work.

Grant
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Phoca Gallery starte

Post by Jan »

Phoca Gallery started with 1.5 so I cannot tell you if there are some changes between 1.x and 1.5
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project