Phoca Gallery Plugin - {phocagallery} not displaying images properly.

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
ChrisSmith123
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Phoca Gallery Plugin - {phocagallery} not displaying images properly.

Post by ChrisSmith123 »

I've just installed this plugin in my Joomla 4.2.7 installation and am using the following code to display a small panel of viewable images;

{phocagallery view=category|categoryid=2|limitcount=4|detail=4}

From the documentation I get the unterstanding that 'detail=4' will display the images using the Highslide JS library, this I have installed and I make reference to the JS and CSS files in the page header.

However all I get is a, what seems like, default full screen black page showing the image instead of the intended Highslide popup. This page also overwrites the calling page's URL by stripping it of all the URL parameters.

Am I missing something in my calling code (above), or is it maybe an installation issue? Any help would be much appreciated.
ChrisSmith123
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Re: Phoca Gallery Plugin - {phocagallery} not displaying images properly.

Post by ChrisSmith123 »

Having looked at this in more detail, the references to Highslide in the plugin's code have inline commenting that may indicate the issue;

$this->t ['highslideonclick'] = '';// for using with highslide
if (isset($this->button->highslideonclick)) {
$this->t ['highslideonclick'] = $this->button->highslideonclick;// TO DO
}
$this->t ['highslideonclick2'] = '';
if (isset($this->button->highslideonclick2)) {
$this->t ['highslideonclick2'] = $this->button->highslideonclick2;// TO DO
}

What does "// TO DO" mean? Does it mean that the HighSlide functionality is not yet implimented?

EDIT: I just checked the previous versions of this plugin for Joomla 3 and back and those versions have more HighSlide functionality which seems missing in the version for Joomla 4.x. Is the documentation for the plugin wrong? It seems like there is no functionality included for any other image viewing library mentioned in the documentation, i.e.

"detail - 0|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8 - 0 - Modal Box | 1 - Standard Popup Window | 2 - Modal Box (only image) | 3 - Shadowbox | 4 - Highslide JS | 5 - Highslide JS (only image) | 6 - JAK lightbox | 7 - No Popup | 8 - Slimbox"
Last edited by ChrisSmith123 on 21 Feb 2023, 11:16, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisSmith123
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by ChrisSmith123 »

A bit more information on my URL issue.

I display a web page with the URL "index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=124&catid=8&Itemid=471"

This page contains a 4 image Phoca Gallery category panel;
{phocagallery view=category|categoryid=2|limitcount=4|detail=4}

I click on one of the images and are shown a black image viewing screen which (I assume the default category view) allows me to scroll through ALL the category images. When I close that screen I am returned to the original view but the URL of the page has been changed to "index.php".
ChrisSmith123
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by ChrisSmith123 »

Well I've finally finished looking at this issue myself, as I've received no help from anyone else.

It looks like the documentation is incorrect and there is NO support whatsoever for popups when using this plugin. The '//TODO' comment in the code looks like the authors know this and for whatever reason opted not to complete the work.

It would be nice if the documentation stated this to save a lot of wasted time and effort but I guess this is what you get when you use free software.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi,

sorry, for late response (we are currently in development process so it takes some time to answer the questions)

Yes, the documentation is written for Joomla 3, the documentation for Joomla 4 is still not updated. Because first the features are important than the documentation :-( So yes, detail window changed (mostly obsolete methods were removed) in Joomla 4

Any help regarding documentation will be appreciated.

Popups - Phoca Gallery now uses modern popups and if Phoca Gallery component and plugin are installed properly, they should normally work:

Demo - plugin - photoswipe
https://www.phoca.cz/demo/phocagallery-plugin
https://www.phoca.cz/demo/phoca-gallery ... mo-masonry

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project