Link to open form not showing

Phoca Guestbook - creating guestbooks in Joomla! CMS
ek1959
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Link to open form not showing

Post by ek1959 »

Display Form - (Hide | Display) Set if form should be displayed or not. If not then link to the form will be displayed (clicking on link will display the form)

Sorry but no link is showing up to open the guestbook form.

Tags:
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Link to open form not showing

Post by Jan »

Hi, which version of Phoca Guestbook and Joomla do you use?
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
ek1959
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by ek1959 »

On a test site using the latest joomla 4 and Phoca guestbook 4.0.0 beta.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, thank you for the info, confirmed. I will take a look at it (not sure if this parameter will stay in Joomla 4 because of new JS and CSS libraries which maybe don't allow to display the link with content)

Thank you, Jan
ek1959
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by ek1959 »

Ok, i hope it will come back. Thank you for the info.

gr.
Evert
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, tested now, but unfortunately, this is not more possible with new design libraries. As there is available only classic form, it is not a part of the system anymore. The parameter will only show or hide the form and I will try to find another way for this feature in future (like e.g. adding some Bootsrap collapse function, etc.). But for now, there is no such option :-(

Jan
StavrosZ
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by StavrosZ »

I have implemented my own solution with my own html/css/jquery placed in the "Description" of the created Guestbook (i.e. Phoca Guestbook --> Control Panel --> Guestbooks --> New/Existing --> Code Editor).

First of all set the Display Form - (Hide | Display) to "Display".

I created my own tabs/buttons as follows

Code: Select all

<div class="panelTabsContainer">
  <div id='postsTab' class='panelTabs active' data-panel='posts'>Posts Only</div>
  <div id='messagesTab' class='panelTabs' data-panel='postMessage'>Post A Message</div>
</div>
and formated the tabs/buttons appropriately with CSS. The "active" class is used to paint the tab/button differently and it is manipulated by jQuery code below.

I have the Message Posting panel being hidden with the following CSS code:

.well.pgwell.pgb_sec_font {
  display: none;
}
I added the necessary jQuery to display/hide the Message Posting panel as follows:

$('.panelTabs').on('click', function() {
  $('.panelTabs').removeClass('active');   // REMOVE CLASS "ACTIVE" FROM ALL TABS/BUTTONS
  $(this).addClass('active');   // ADD THE CLASS "ACTIVE" ON THE CLICKED TAB/BUTTON
  var panel = $(this).attr('data-panel');   // FIND WHICH TAB/BUTTON WAS CLICKED
  if (panel == 'postMessage') {   // SHOW/HIDE MESSAGE POSTING PANEL ACCORDINGLY
    $('.well.pgwell.pgb_sec_font').show(); 
  } else {
    $('.well.pgwell.pgb_sec_font').hide();
  }
});
The Phoca GuestBook does not provide much formatting but it provides an excellent base to work on.

My wishes for future updates are:
  • Group and place all individual posts within a parent element, instead of having them being siblings of the "Message Posting" panel. Their parent element should be a sibling of the "Message Posting" panel instead.
  • Every HTML element should have an id attribute, and all sibling HTML elements should have same class attributes, so we may manipulate them with CSS and jQuery much easier.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, thank you very much for the improvement and feedback.

Thank you, Jan
MusicMike
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by MusicMike »

@StavrosZ, thanks a lot. A clever workaround to 'hide' the posing form
camminateinfriuli
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by camminateinfriuli »

StavrosZ wrote: 13 May 2022, 11:41 I have implemented my own solution with my own html/css/jquery placed in the "Description" of the created Guestbook (i.e. Phoca Guestbook --> Control Panel --> Guestbooks --> New/Existing --> Code Editor).

First of all set the Display Form - (Hide | Display) to "Display".

I created my own tabs/buttons as follows

<div class="panelTabsContainer">
  <div id='postsTab' class='panelTabs active' data-panel='posts'>Posts Only</div>
  <div id='messagesTab' class='panelTabs' data-panel='postMessage'>Post A Message</div>
</div>
and formated the tabs/buttons appropriately with CSS. The "active" class is used to paint the tab/button differently and it is manipulated by jQuery code below.

I have the Message Posting panel being hidden with the following CSS code:

.well.pgwell.pgb_sec_font {
  display: none;
}
I added the necessary jQuery to display/hide the Message Posting panel as follows:

$('.panelTabs').on('click', function() {
  $('.panelTabs').removeClass('active');   // REMOVE CLASS "ACTIVE" FROM ALL TABS/BUTTONS
  $(this).addClass('active');   // ADD THE CLASS "ACTIVE" ON THE CLICKED TAB/BUTTON
  var panel = $(this).attr('data-panel');   // FIND WHICH TAB/BUTTON WAS CLICKED
  if (panel == 'postMessage') {   // SHOW/HIDE MESSAGE POSTING PANEL ACCORDINGLY
    $('.well.pgwell.pgb_sec_font').show(); 
  } else {
    $('.well.pgwell.pgb_sec_font').hide();
  }
});
The Phoca GuestBook does not provide much formatting but it provides an excellent base to work on.

My wishes for future updates are:
  • Group and place all individual posts within a parent element, instead of having them being siblings of the "Message Posting" panel. Their parent element should be a sibling of the "Message Posting" panel instead.
  • Every HTML element should have an id attribute, and all sibling HTML elements should have same class attributes, so we may manipulate them with CSS and jQuery much easier.
Please tell me what file you changed, or send me the files you changed, what files you changed or added and what folder they are in, unfortunately so I don't know how to use your precious information.