Ho do I set-up pushing updated products?

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
NerdyPappy
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Ho do I set-up pushing updated products?

Post by NerdyPappy »

Hello,

I have a site selling downloadable products, mostly paid, but some free. It is working so well!!

Many of our products will soon be given updates and we want to offer free updates for all purchased products.

Is there a way to update the product(s) and Push them out to everyone who already bought it? Thus making the updates free and accessible but not allow free download to anyone who did not purchase it previously?

Thanks,
Nerdy
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Ho do I set-up pushing updated products?

Post by Jan »

Hi, I think, for this you need to create some kind of downloadable area, e.g. with help of Phoca Download and set rights for files or categories. E.g. setting access rights for user who purchased such file, etc. :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
NerdyPappy
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by NerdyPappy »

I will try that, Thanks.
Maybe it would be an idea for future feature to have Versions and any new versions could send customers a link via email to get the latest version?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

There are some plans to make really simple subscription feature but hard to say if there will be time to implement it.

Jan
NerdyPappy
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by NerdyPappy »

What would happen if I replaced the download with a newer model, would people who purchased it in the past still have available downloads?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, if users will be able to download the file or not, depends on the rights and options. If you change the file on your server, then users will get the new file. The system does not check the content of the file - if tokens, etc. are OK, such file can be download (and it does not matter if it changed or not).

Jan