Implementation of shipping and shipping costs

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
flor
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Implementation of shipping and shipping costs

Post by flor »

Hello,
I am experiencing a major issue with the implementation of shipping and shipping costs.

I need to have checkout show two options for shipping an item: classic and express, and each option needs to adjust according to the geographic zone where the item is going to be shipped.
I have created 4 zones for classic and 9 zones for express shipping.

I have created several shipping methods and have assigned to each a price and a zone rule.
I need the cost of shipping to adjust automatically, according to each customer’s zone of residence and shipping preference (classic or express).

I thought that if I assign to a shipping method a price and a zone rule, it will adjust automatically at checkout, but when I activate “zone rule”, the shipping option does not appear at checkout at all.
Yet, I do have to activate zone rule in order to take into account the customer’s shipping address.
I don’t know what I am doing wrong, or whether there are other parameters or options in the cart that I haven’t been taking into account.

I am using Phoca Cart 4.0.5 and Joomla 4.2.6.

I like Phoca Cart and I have been spending close to 6 months building my e-commerce site around it, but right now I’m desperate because I can’t have shipping calculated automatically at checkout.
By the way, I am a painter and I ship all my art items in the same type of container, with the same dimensions and weight. Thus, the only parameter that fluctuates is shipping cost according to different geographic zones and shipping preferences.

Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks a lot.
Flor
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Implementation of shipping and shipping costs

Post by Jan »

Hi, did you assign countries and/or regions to each zone?

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
flor
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by flor »

Hello Jan,
Yes I did. I have created zones for all countries, and I created shipping methods for each zone. I am attaching screenshots.
Thanks for helping.

https://imgur.com/a/wvtsSP9
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, so in this case, if the country is assigned to zone and user selects country in address edit, only shipping methods which are assigned to such zone, should be displayed there. Do you get the same result when you test it with latest Beta version?
https://github.com/PhocaCz/PhocaCart/re ... Beta13.zip
flor
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by flor »

Hello Jan,
I tried the new Beta, but nothing has changed. Did you look at all the screenshots that I attached in my previous post? If you need more screenshots or precisions, please let me know. Thank you
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, yes, I saw the screenshots, but there are no screenshot when the customer stores its address. So the question is if the right country or region is set when storing customer address :idea:

Jan
flor
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by flor »

Hi, is this screenshot helpful?
Flor

https://imgur.com/a/jObfdAE
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, not much. Are you able to somehow start with basic options, to test what still works and what does not work.

Are you able to test on your site:
- e.g. if country rule is working
- if yes, then assign this country to one zone and test it with zone rule then (and only enable one rule per method)

Jan
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

flor
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by flor »

Hi Jan
1. I have unpublished all my previously created Zones.
2. I have created 2 new zones: “Chronoclassic 1” and “Chronoclassic 2”, each including a few countries.
3. I created 2 “Shipping Methods”: “Chronopost zone1” and “Chronopost zone 2”
4. I assigned to each Shipping Method a price, and I activated the “Zone Rule” for each shipping method.

5. At checkout, the result is as follows: after I created a user with a shipping address in one of the two zones, no shipping method appears in the Shipping Options section.

6. When I disable the “Zone Rule” for one of the Shipping Methods, then that Shipping Method appears. If I disable the Zone Rule for both Shipping Methods, then both methods appear.

As you may infer, this is not okay: the customer is not supposed to choose between these two shipping methods, because the cost of shipping depends on location. Only the method corresponding to the customer’s location should appear. In conclusion, the Zone Rule is not working.
I am very surprised that no one else has mentioned this problem. I find it hard to believe that all PhocaCart users are only shipping locally…

Please see the attached screenshots. Thank you for your assistance in solving this issue. Flor
https://imgur.com/a/BRP1eqG