TAG and Label do not store.

Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
Robx61
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

TAG and Label do not store.

Post by Robx61 »

:x Good morning. My problem today is the following: Backend, product tab, "Publishing Options" panel: the two items "TAG" and "Labels" don't store anything. I tried looking in the general options for some reference to be able to activate them but I couldn't find anything relevant. I wanted to try to figure out how to fix this. it's a BUG? could the problem be in the database? Any plugins to activate? Has anyone had the same problem? How can this be solved? :!:

Thank you for your patience and possible cooperation.

Roberto

Joomla 4.2.6 PhocaCart 4.0.5

Tags:
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: TAG and Label do not store.

Post by Jan »

Hi, first of all, do you get the same problem with latest Beta version: https://github.com/PhocaCz/PhocaCart/re ... Beta13.zip ?
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Robx61
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by Robx61 »

Thanks Jan, I ran a test with the beta version you recommended but nothing changed. The test was done on an exact copy of the site installed on a server running under a parallel domain where I make changes and tests before putting the changes on the official site.
:cry:
Roberto
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Did you migrate or did you make fresh install of Phoca Cart? When you enable debug mode, do you get any error message when saving the item?
Robx61
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by Robx61 »

It is an installation that I performed two years ago, with all the updates that have occurred over time. Debugging does not report any errors. Simply when I enter a word in both the TAG and the label it doesn't store it. It should become like a "button" followed by "X" to remove or recall it, instead it remains "normal" text that disappears when I save... :?

In Joomla articles outside PhocaCart the Tags work normally with the memorization of the Word which becomes recallable in a list that is updated with each word added... :(

Roberto
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Can you paste a screenshot of "it should become like button ..."

Yes, it should look like button:

If not, it can even be some Javascript error which prevents from displaying and adding the value

Try to see Devtools and check Javascript console if there is no error :idea:

Jan
Robx61
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by Robx61 »

I did a local installation from scratch. Joomla 4.2.6 with update 4.2.7. Then I installed PhocaCart 4.0.5 new and without any added extraneous extensions to the component. I introduced a new digital card as a new product with the same features as the ones I have online. In the "Publishing Options" tab, I entered the TAG and label and when saving, the system replied "Fields not correctly filled in"... it should be just text and what I entered but nothing..." "Fields not correctly filled in". .. so at this point I have to assume that this is a big bug that penalizes the products included in Phoca Cart in terms of SEO ... how do we solve it? ...

Robert
Robx61
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by Robx61 »

... no solution? :cry:
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, can you paste a screenshot of the error message: "Fields not correctly filled in" ... there is no such error message in Phoca Cart. :idea:

Are you sure, it is a Phoca Cart part? Did you create the tags and labels in Phoca Cart Tags correctly?

Jan
Robx61
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by Robx61 »

Where in Phoca Cart are TAGS and labels stored? In Joomla Tags are correctly stored in your component, in Phoca Cart they are not saved and there is no folder or archive that collects them... :?

Robert