Part of thumbnails not showing

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
avtov
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Re: Part of thumbnails not showing

Post by avtov »

Hello Jan,

This is Avtov. Thank you so much for your kindness trying to help me.

Yes I can see the miniatures in the admin (https://www.dropbox.com/s/jis51b299jejf ... 4.png?dl=0).

I wonder if my copy of PhocaGallery is perhaps corrupt. There are e.g. also icons missing in the PhocaGallery Control Panel. If that is so, I wonder if there is an easy way to reinstall PhocaGallery without loosing all the data.

I hope this makes sense. Thank you again,

Avtov

avtov
Are you able to see images in administration?

Jan
[/quote]
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, yes, I see the images in admin, so there it looks OK. You can install new version or latest version over current version (not data will be lost when no "uninstall" is done - so just don't uninstall, only install new version)

E.g. this version:
https://github.com/PhocaCz/PhocaGallery ... 3Beta3.zip

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
avtov
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by avtov »

Thank you Jan!
After backing up the site I tried to install your latest Beta version and I got the following error messages:

JInstaller: :Install: Can't find Joomla XML setup file.
JInstaller: :Install: Can't find XML setup file.
JInstaller: :Install: Error SQL Duplicate column name 'image_id'
Extension installation aborted.
Error installing component

I am using Linux Mint 21. Could that be a problem?
Thank you for your help!
Avtov
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, there is no connection between this problem and operation system.

This problem mostly occurs, when in Joomla some damaged information is stored. It tries to install component and thinks it is not installed (but some items are still stored in database)

Did you make update or install?

Try to open the ZIP on your PC to see if it is not somehow corrupt. It includes setup files. Another problem could by some problem when uzipping and moving files on your server :idea: Check if all folders like temp folder, etc can be writable :idea:

Jan
avtov
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by avtov »

Dear Jan,

Sorry for being late to respond to your advice. I unzipped the com_phocagallery_v4_5_3Beta3.zip file and it looked just fine. I then contacted my Internet provider who confirmed the my tmp directory is writable. They confirmed it is writable and I found the same using FileZilla.
Then I uploaded the unzipped files to my /tmp directory and launched another install request, this time from a directory at the server. This resulted in exactly the same error messages as I showed in my post of 9 February.
So I am inclined to think that there is something wrong with my (probably corrupt?) installation of Phoca Gallery.
Assuming that my copy is corrupt (actually I upgraded may be too many versions since about 5 years) would it be possible to export all photo data to a file or a directory, then install a clean version of phocagallery and restore the photo data from my previous export. Does this make sense to you?
Alternatively would it be possible to seek your help (against payment to cover you time) to solve this problem. If that would be possible I would send you my admin login.
Thank you again for all your efforts to help me and other users.

Avtov
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, when installation procedure "forget" something in system and it is not possible to install some component again, I usually do this:

https://www.phoca.cz/documents/16-jooml ... m-manually

Of course, I export data from database and files (images) from file server first, so I can import it after successfull installation (in fact, this procedure is the same like migration: https://www.phoca.cz/documents/50-jooml ... o-joomla-4 )

By removing the componenty from system manually it is very important to follow all steps. E.g. in Joomla 4, there is possible that system will create component folder in api folder and then system thinks, is is an update not fresh install and the installation always fail.

Jan
avtov
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by avtov »

Dear Jan,

Thank you for your advice! I have used phpMyAdmin in the past but I do not feel competent enough to do complex queries. I will look again at all your recommendations and I will try to learn.

Actually I only use pictures and categories. If everything fails I can perhaps do a "clean" uninstall of Phoca Gallery, following your link above. After that I was thinking of reinstalling a fresh copy of Phoca Gallery and to import the photos and the categories the "normal" interactive way. This will take me several hours, but that does not matter.

You have helped me and I thank you for that!

Anton
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, in Phoca Gallery, you can use Multiple Add function, so this can be maybe faster :idea:

Jan