Plugin v4.5.4 is missing the parameter "switchimage"

Phoca Gallery plugins - plugins for Phoca Gallery extension
nelle
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Plugin v4.5.4 is missing the parameter "switchimage"

Post by nelle »

After migration to J4 and the Phoca stuff, I found that the plugin 4.5.4 ist missing the support of the well documented view "switchimage" and the related other parameters as stated in the documentation. Please also refer to the screenshot of the documentation.
I have been using this parameter on some articles, but now the images do not show up. I am using the below mentioned statement within my article.

Code: Select all

{phocagallery view=switchimage|basicimageid=222|switchheight=240|switchwidth=320|switchfixedsize=0}
Examining the page source with the browser shows, that no html code has been produced for switchimage. Doing a sneak view into the phocagallery.php that I stored on a local drive, reveals that this parameter is not handled at all. This parameter has been handled at least until v4.3.16 of the plugin.
Does anybody know, why this parameter is not supported anymore? Does a workaround exist for displaying images of the Phoca gallery with a special size? Do I have to request this again by adding this request to the "request topic"?
Thanks for your suggestions and responses.
nelle

Tags:
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Plugin v4.5.4 is missing the parameter "switchimage"

Post by Jan »

Hi, there is no more such parameter in Joomla 4, it was obsolete not responsive solution, and the content plugin was completely rewritten.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
nelle
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by nelle »

Hi Jan,
I feel very sad to hear this. Now I have to re-write the articles that are using the mentioned parameter. I also will have to check, if I can use the Joomla 4 basics for displaying the images I uploaded to phocagallery.
Thanks for your quick response.
nelle :-(
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, how many plugin instances do you use for the switch?

Only the switch plugin code should be removed - if there are a lot of instances, this can be done per some script, or the plugin should be modified to produce no output for the switch :idea:

Jan
nelle
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

[Solved]Re: Plugin v4.5.4 is missing the parameter "switchimage"

Post by nelle »

Hi Jan,

there is no need for any more action. Less than 10 articles are involved.

I would like to tag this topic as "solved", but I do not know how I can do this...I changed the subject of this post accordingly.

nelle
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok, thank you for the info.

Jan