Phoca Cart - complex e-commerce extension
Stuart James
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Product attribute option limit

Post by Stuart James »

Joomla: 4.2.5
Phoca Cart: 4.0.5

Is there a hard limit on the number of attribute options that can be added to a single product attribute? The UI allows me to add any number, but when I save them, only the first 48 are saved to the database.

Is this something I can alter? I cannot see anything that would allow this in either the Phoca Cart Configuration or the doco. Though I may not be looking hard enough.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Product attribute option limit

Post by Jan »

Hi, try to see the server limits (e.g. max post data, max sent form data, etc.). There is no limit in Phoca Cart regarding this feature :idea:

Try to even test if this is save problem (data no stored in database) or load problem (data stored but only 48 loaded and displayed).

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Stuart James
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by Stuart James »

Thanks Jan.

Data is not stored in the database.

Server limits are a good suggestion - I'll do some investigation later tonight around this.
Stuart James
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by Stuart James »

The problem appears to have been the max_input_vars value. This was set to 1000. I have increased it - arbitrarily - to 2048. And I can now save more than 48 options.

I initially started by setting the post_max_size value up from 32M, in increments, to 256M. This made no difference to the behaviour.

There was nothing of interest - at least to me - in the log files.

All very interesting - I am an old desktop developer - the web environment is new to me. And is somewhat bewildering :-)
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project